• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When should they usually be fully grown.......

I was wondering that will delly.
English's always seem quite big on photos :lol: and shes just got abit bigger than Ogs :love:

I normally go from classes in shows.
Like our dutch you have u/5 which is under months then anything over is counted as an Adult. I normally use that roughly as a guidline for mine.

Les than a year then, maybe somewhere around the 9 month mark, but that's a guestimate.

I think Bunnie was fully grown at 9 months but she was mini lop:)

cool so he got some time yet he was 6 months on Sunday and still smaller than what Bunnie was :p

It depends on the breed. The bigger the breed the longer they take to fully mature.

I didn't know that, I had assumed they'd all grow at the same speed (proportionally of course). So we've recently adopted a 10 month olf french lop, so I'm guessing he's probably still got a bit of growing to do! :shock:

Charlie's only a lionhead lop and he didn't stop growing for ages! He's got miles bigger since he was even 1 year old

I once rescued a Lion head male .... he was 4 when we got him and seemed to grow lots in the months following!! It might have been that he had more space and plenty of food/less stress or something. He was a cutie :)

i have been told many times that around 7 or 8 months buns have grown practically to adult size..and their skuls carry on growing till theyre 18 motnhs old.

ha ha a frenchie aged 10 motnhs has a longggg way to grow...good luck on that one!!:lol: willow passed away last year and she wasnt two till xmas....and she was still growing..she was soo long tall and huge feet and head..dwarfed bertie!!

oscar our mini lop was about 8 motnhs old when we got him and he carrie don growing till he was about a year old. our dwaf lop we had was hooooge!! she stopepd at around a year and a bit!!

our cross breed was finished at 7 months....so its just a case of wait n see.

are you sure hes a dwarf lop not a mini lop with a bit of muttin him making him a longer eared mini lop?

the little bun we took in til he passed was so weeny like a nethie but had huge ears.....

our cross breed had the biggest set of bunny ears on a small to medium sized bun that i have ever seen.

bif is a lop cross lionhead rescue said...well shes too small skulled and eared to be a dwarf lop but shes big for a mini lop....and has no lionhead signs at all!! but when i see my mums dwarf lop i relaise how much more bif is like a mini lop....but shes fatter than mums bun but shorter..bodywise...legwise and earwise and her head is far smaller.

but my dwarf lop was massive compared to mums. then again dwarf just really refers to them having shorter legs and ears than a frenchie or of course english lop. So size differences are amazing!!

are you sure hes a dwarf lop not a mini lop with a bit of muttin him making him a longer eared mini lop?

Yeah I saw his mum and she definetly a Dwarf lop she was double the size of Bunnie who was a mini, didn't see the dad as only the mum was dumped on the women.

mmm so theres a chance hell get bigger....but then genetics are a funny old thing..he may be smaller or he maybe bigger than his biggest parent...

my woozle was a heinz 57 bunny..his mum was a gorgeous organge..cadburys caramel bunny for want of a better description. she had huge ears. the dad was a pure black boxy faced little fella.
woozle was a medium sized bun..neither as small as his dad but only a fraction of the size of his mum. but there were two bun sin the litter that were much smaller than him and carried on remaining small.

then you had our willow..her dad was a small frenchie like our bertie but her mum was a massive frenchie. But she was even bigger than her own mum wheras her litter mates only ever got as big as their dad!!

hes cute caroline.....no matter what size he gets....i love that colouring...like my first doe.....:love:

I didn't know that, I had assumed they'd all grow at the same speed (proportionally of course). So we've recently adopted a 10 month olf french lop, so I'm guessing he's probably still got a bit of growing to do! :shock:

Hey when i got my 9 months old French lop I was told he will be fully grown length wise by 12 months then he would put on the muscle and grow width wise till 18 months so he has alot of growing to do.

Hope it helps

I was told for a dwarf lop it's 9 months :), and Max pretty much didn't grow from when i got him apart getting slightly wider :oops: (he was 9months when i got him.)

Hey when i got my 9 months old French lop I was told he will be fully grown length wise by 12 months then he would put on the muscle and grow width wise till 18 months so he has alot of growing to do.

Hope it helps

Yes, thank you. Darwin is probably 10 or 11 months, so I guess he may get slightly longer and then thicken out. He's really quite skinny so I guess the 'filling out' will start soon. His head seems massive on him at the moment!

Yeah Bramble is alittle like that he head is huge and looks out of proportion to the rest of his body. Looks like he will over balance. He is not skinny at all just still growing. they always say you can tell how big your bunny is going to be by the size of thier head when young. Cant see it myself as my other bunny had a big head and stayed tiny, fitting in the plms of my hands and he is 4 but he was the runt.

Back