• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snugglesafe indoors?

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
right, im pondering this.
To get a snugglesafe or not. My two are indoors and arent that close to the window. However, I have the window open most of the time to let as much fresh air in as I can. I must admit, I am worried about them cold :oops: so close the curtains abit so the cold isnt directly coming in :lol:
But im wondering whether or not to get one :?
what do you all think? :)

I dont think it is necessary if the house is kept at a temperature suitable for yourself, then your buns should be fine too, in my opinion.

However, i use snuggle safes indoors for poorly bunnies.

I only think its necessary inside for an ill bunny, healthy bunnies shouldn't have a problem. I have mine right by an open window and because they are used to it it is not a problem.

On my outsiders I only use it when it gets below freezing, so hardly use them at all for healthy buns.

Oh God phew!!!!
I may just buy one incase :lol:

I do get worried :lol:. I am so glad they are inside though in the winter :love: They will be coming under the duvet when its positively freezing!!! :lol:

i have one for bisc and matt in the winter. i put it in at night as our house gets quite cold. bisc always gets too cold so he likes to lie next to it. matt doesn't bother though. :)

i have one for bisc and matt in the winter. i put it in at night as our house gets quite cold. bisc always gets too cold so he likes to lie next to it. matt doesn't bother though. :)

I must admit that mine have one too but only at night time - our house is very old (400 years!) and obviously not half as well insulated as newer homes so I do give it to them as a precaution - they have plenty of places to lie at home but I often see them lying next to it so I think they appreciate having one!

i have never used them, but been thinking of ot lately on rosie, as she has arthritis in her back legs, and seems abit stiff in the mornings

I used one for my previous old bunny when she was inside and had snuffles last winter and she loved it.

I have tried it out on for my 2 younger bunnies but they ignored it. You could always see how they react to it.

They are definitely useful to have in case you have a poorly bunny.

When I had Louie neutered I set up a lovely hospital room for him complete with snugglesafe.

He wrecked the place in 5 minutes flat including slinging the snugglesafe across the room :roll:

I wouldn't bother indoors myself :D

Back