• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do buns like mirrors?

My rabbits sometimes run up to a mirror, look and then just go back to what they were doing before :lol:

Mine are indifferent to them. I read somewhere that very few species of animal, only one or two, are able to understand what their reflection in a mirror is. I would imagine most wouldn't recognise it as an animal as it has no scent.

My Flash used to love them and would sit by his reflection for ages. Most of mine now are less vain, and so are indifferent.

I thought rabbits couldn't see 2-D, like cats and dogs can't either - when people think they're chasing things on TVs its usually lights not images.

They both love mine!!!
Not that hard to find one in my room either :lol: as I have three :lol: so they are always checking themselves out :lol:

Mine seems to enjoy his own reflection. Out of interest I put a medium sized hanging mirror on the floor. He was absolutely determined to get behind the mirror. There was no aggressive body language. It was as if he wanted to make absolutely sure that there wasn't another rabbit there.

Mine seems to enjoy his own reflection. Out of interest I put a medium sized hanging mirror on the floor. He was absolutely determined to get behind the mirror. There was no aggressive body language. It was as if he wanted to make absolutely sure that there wasn't another rabbit there.

Aww bless! :lol:

I thought rabbits couldn't see 2-D, like cats and dogs can't either - when people think they're chasing things on TVs its usually lights not images.

My cat can see in the mirror... He understands the reflection he's seeing :? If he's staring in the mirror and you pop up and he see's your reflection, he'll know where you are and turn around to say hello. He's deaf so he can't hear us moving, and he wouldn't be able to feel vibrations either :D

Bob appears to have no interest in mirrors at all - he doesn't seem to know it's his reflection. But I think that's because he's convinced he's a dog. :D

When they were house rabbits my boys used to love the mirror in my room, particually Ginger. It's attached to the inside of one of my cupboard doors, so I'd leave it open. Ginge would hop up to it, catch sight of his reflection and go wild! He'd race round behind the door to try and find the 'other rabbit', (I think he thought the mirror was just a glass window), and race round to the front again when he couldn't find it! :lol:

I had a really cute video of it once, but I think I must have deleted it. :(

Back