• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding! Try again or give up!?

Try again with bonding or give up with this one?

• try again with bramble

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • try again with a new bunny

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
I'm been trying to bond my hand reared wild bunny with another domestic male bun but each time they have been together they have been rolling around having a go at each other. I tried twice at home in my bedroom, and also at their boarding place where they had both been in the car in separate carriers for about half an hour and they did it again :( I have grown very attached to Bramble (never thought it wouldn't work :oops:) and need to decide whether to try again (I have had an offer of help) or let the lady from the rescue pick him up tomorrow morning so I don't have anymore upset of having to drive there and say goodbye.

Did suggest to o/h that we kept him and if it didn't work out get new partners for both, but have been told 2 rabbits is enough :censored:

Are both neutered?

I would be wary tbh after a fight - I don't really know enough about a wild bun's temperment either

Are both neutered?

I would be wary tbh after a fight - I don't really know enough about a wild bun's temperment either

yep both neutered. Spudsey was quite happy living with her previous partner who unfortunately died a few weeks back, he was a domestic bunny and I bonded them myself. There was a lot of chasing done by the male but they did bond after a few days and were completely loved up in the end.

Yes because shes wild its a bit of a difficult situation really, I've never bonded two domestic bunnies before and probably not many people have even had a wild bun let alone bonded one!

Shes quite a friendly bun, very jumpy sometimes and doesn't like being picked up at all, but likes being fussed through her run and is very licky!

Hi!

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time trying to bond Spudsey and Bramble.

Is the offer of help from someone who is experienced in bonding? If so, it may be worth giving the two of them a cooling off period of a few days and trying again.

Hope things work out.

FC x

I had a similar problem recently. We tried all sorts with our two but they just fought. Poor old Rambi lost weight (he was too scared to eat even when they were completely separated by hutches and space). After they have fought (properly fought, not just chasing) it is a lost cause for all but the stoutest of hearts. We took Sierra back to the rescue :cry: and they suggested Peachy. They haven't been apart since and are in lurve :love:

You must do what is best for the buns - I very much wanted to keep Sierra but it wasn't fair on Rambi.

Back