• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long after spay do hormones settle down?

beki

Mama Doe
Ruby was spayed on the 4th September. i thought she was all settled down. I put reggie (who is not yet neutered) in the run about 4 inches from her in her hutch so that she could see him. She was going mad! he was jumping around, practically doing somersalts! throwing herself everywhere trying to get his attention. He didn't seem all that interested! maybe she needs to perfect her technique?

I was wondering whehter she is just being friendly, or she still has raging hormones or perhaps she just wants to eat him? (i do actually think she wants to eat him. Praying bonding once done will go well)

also it is OK for me to let them see each other like this? i am planning in putting him in a hutch nearby so they can see ach other.

thanks

she wasn't a territotail bunny to begin with though, she was not agressive or anything, she has only got soppier since her spay. She also totally stopped chinning since her spay but as her and reggie have to share the run, taking it in turns, she has started marking the run again.

Girls are trouble...:) Well ours is still a madam even after being spayed.She's one stroppy bunny,won't let you pet her etc.We accept that she will never be a cuddle bunny(Cleo).Laid back boy Rio loves being petted and is far more chilled out.

Back