• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playhouse suitable for conversion?

Ceretrea

Warren Scout
Hey guys,

Because our bunny project is so far off, we tossed around the idea of getting a playhouse instead of a shed that the kids could use now and be converted at some point in the future.

I then found some two storey playhouses and liked the idea that they come with a ready made extra floor which access to could be modified when it was converted? The extra ridge and eaves heights would be easier for me to get in and clean too.

These are the ones that caught my eye:-

http://www.tigersheds.com/product_detail.asp?prod=18

This one comes with two raised floors in the way of bunk beds:-

http://www.shedexpress.com/site1/prod_det.asp?w=1&pid=839&lv=228#

Both come with T&G roof and floor for extra stability.

Any thoughts?

Two of my rabbits live in a playhouse
IMG_4256.jpg

I think the double story is a good idea as you would be able to stand up proparly which I find really anoying with mine.

The 2 storey ones are great but not suitable for bunnies unless hugely modified as the gap between 1st and 2nd floors is huge - (Proper stairs) for children. Single storey is better in my oopinion but just get a high enough for you be upright in and then add purpose built level with ramp for the buns.

Where i used to work a rabbit had a playhouse where he lived with his best friend a goat with some work they can make great rabbit and goat homes :D

Not thought about a local joiner. I had thought about including several large levels making the drop less steep .. easier if the top level covers half the playhouse.

The only other kind I have found that has enough height is a dutch barn style.

I love the piccies, thank you for posting them. :D

ETA:- thank you for the ebay link, its good they make to order, I couldn't work out how big the 'shed' part was.

Back