• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny mummy's who work full-time?

Hi Guys,

I'm starting my new job next week, its in a nursery full-time. I'm starting to worry that I wont have enough time for my bun. When do you let yours out. At the moment frankie is free range in the garden. I wont feel comfortable doing this tho when I'm not at home. I was thinking I could let him out for 45mins in the morning then let him out when I get home till it goes dark?

Hi Guys,

I'm starting my new job next week, its in a nursery full-time. I'm starting to worry that I wont have enough time for my bun. When do you let yours out. At the moment frankie is free range in the garden. I wont feel comfortable doing this tho when I'm not at home. I was thinking I could let him out for 45mins in the morning then let him out when I get home till it goes dark?

Sounds good. I let mine free range all day as their shed has a cat flap so can run for cover if needed. If you don't feel yours are safe to be alone all day then I think you have found the ideal solution.

I work full time, so my buns only get onto the lawn at weekends in winter.

What about bringing Frankie indoors as a house rabbit, so you can spend time with him after work?

Im full time, and did used to worry, espeically as charlie used to be on his own, but I gave over as much garden as I could, so they can get as much excercise as they can during the day, got him some buddies, and not I go in to clean and cuddle them, but don't feel so bad. I did feel particullarly bad this time last year as it is starting to get dark, and they get so little time :(

firstly i would get him neutered adnd paired up so frankie is not lonely.
with my buns while im at work they have a 6x6ft run attatcehd to thier hutch which they are in then as soon as im home they get let out free range. in winter due to shifts sometimes it is dark when i get home (run is fox proofed as much as is ever possible) and so i bring them indoors to have a run inside too jsut so they have the extra room. xx

I work full time, but my two are house buns....they have the whole spare room, about 14ft x 9ft, but they choose to sleep under the sofabed most of the day (well this is what they do at the weekends, so i assume its the same when im not there) and only really run about daft at night.

I work full-time :wave: During the darker months that we're coming into now, their morning playtime in the garden has been reduced to 30 mins before work and only 30 mins after work at the moment before it starts getting to dark :( It won't be too long before it's still dark as I leave the house and pitch black by the time I get home :?

I consider there to be too many risks in my area to leave them free-range in the garden on their own all day (the number of cats surrounding our house has just grown to 7...:shock:) so they live in their 6x6 enclosure during the day whilst I'm out, but we normally keep them inside on winter evenings and nights so they can get their exercise running around the living room and they can still play out in the garden on weekends :love:

Because we've just moved and my solid runs were to big to transport they currently get supervised access to large x-pens on the grass from 5:20 to about 11 minus the time they each get for cuddle time. I can't leave them unattended incase they dig out.

I am having new runs delivered tomorrow which I can put on the patio so I can leave them out all day. I'm just going to give them a nice cosy shelter in each run and cover the top in bad weather.

All my buns are in pairs so they have each other for company when I'm not there.

I have 6 buns in total and I manage to find enough time every night to clean three hutches, give them all a cuddle, chop up their veggies etc so its easily done. They also get my undivided attention on Sat as my OH is normally at work.

That said I don't have a big social life so apart from work I'm normally home to spend time with them.

Hi Guys,

I work full time. Trip and Scarlett spend time in the house while I get ready for work, for about two hours usually. Then they are in their hutch and run while I am at work, they would usually come in the house and play in the garden when I get home from work, from about 6pm to around midnight. At the moment they will just be in the house after work, but in the past mine have all free ranged in the garden while it’s dark both morning and night. I find that with the kitchen and dining room lights on, that lights up the garden anyways and as long as I am out there watching them its no different to doing it during the day

I wouldn’t free range your bun outside if your not there to supervise. Hope this helps x

It depends on the size of the accommodation, if he has a partner and whether there is a run attached to the hutch.

I would not be happy having a single bun in a hutch all day without access to a run or a friend..

Back