• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cold weather solution...

Patchrabbit

Warren Scout
Now it's getting colder, I want to move my bun into the shed. Shed isn't great, but better than being outside. As Patch is by herself, what can I put in her hutch to make sure she's warm enough at night? I put extra straw in last night just in case. I've seen a fleece-lined snuggle sac for rabbits in the pet shop, would that be worth looking into?

Thanks for any advice!

What about another bunny to snuggle into????
Failing that then yes a fleece blanket would be good, as long as she isnt a biter and doesnt eat it :)
Im sure that you can also get heat pad things that you heat up in the microwave and put them in the hutch at night....not sure what they are tho' as i have indoor buns :)

Mine have snugglesafe heat pads, but they choose to sleep on Carpet tiles. They also have lots of hay and towels to lay on if they want to, but now there are 3 of them, they want to snuggle up together. I still worry that they they are cold though.
I also put up some old hay sacking on the windows to keep out any draughts, but allow air through.
I hope that helps you a bit.:):)

Thanks for the advice!

I wish I could afford to get another bun as a companion for her, but I'd have to wait till I'm in a full time job paying much better.

She's not much of a chewer I don't think. She pulls up the newspaper on the bottom of her hutch but never eats it. I'll try the fleece blanket with her first and see how she gets on with it. :)

Back