• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Esme has a tidying compulsion...

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
I feed Esme a handful of pellets every evening and I've realised that every evening I have to remove half a willow ball (sometimes two halves of willow balls) from her dish, at first I just thought they'd strayed in there, but I've realised she must put them in there.

She's behind me as I sit at the computer and she had her pellets about an hour ago. I just heard a kind of clinking (like willow on ceramic!) and I wondered if she was moving her willow balls..... I slowly turned to watch her and she was putting the second half of willow ball into her dish :lol::lol:

I've absolutely no idea why she does this but it's really amused/facinated me as to what's making her tick. :love::love: She always moves her Chube if I put it in a different place too (it must take a fair bit of manoeuvring under the shelf where she likes it to be).

Ain't they funny but amazing creatures? :love::love:

I remembered I have a picture of her with the willow ball in dish :lol:
PICT3258.jpg

:love::love: Can we swap?? Mine have an untidying compulsion!! Cleaned, hoovered and cleared them out tonight and it looks like its never been done :roll:

I have one like that too. No matter how I put things, she has to rearrange and get things just so. She's one of a threesome (and the boss too, wouldn't you know).

I think some rabbits are 'tidyers' & others make messes, just like humans. My late bun Tensing RIP was one for tidying. He was driven mad by his slinky & its refusal to conform!

Awwwwww, Esme is gorgeous even when she's pretending to be dead. :shock: :love::love:

She obviously likes things 'just so'. :lol::lol:

Mine do that! I'm not sure who it is, I suspect Mini. It's almost like, look, our bowl is empty, fill it up. :lol:

:love::love: Can we swap?? Mine have an untidying compulsion!! Cleaned, hoovered and cleared them out tonight and it looks like its never been done :roll:

Definitely not swapping her :love::love::lol:

Hopefully I'll be bonding her with Artie soon and he's the untidiest there is, so I'm sure he will drive her mad

Mine do that! I'm not sure who it is, I suspect Mini. It's almost like, look, our bowl is empty, fill it up. :lol:

It's a facinating habit. I've wondered if I should get her one of those boards with square and round pegs to see if she can master it :lol: She is definitely intelligent.

Back