• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Protecting wires

Charlotte333

Warren Scout
I have covered the wires in the sitting room with Ikea cable tidies. I thought the covers would be strong enough but my new house rabbit Smudge has started to chew them:? Luckily the light was turned off.

What else can I use to protect the wires?

I have covered the wires in the sitting room with Ikea cable tidies. I thought the covers would be strong enough but my new house rabbit Smudge has started to chew them:? Luckily the light was turned off.

What else can I use to protect the wires?

I have all my wires protected by furniture! Lol.... Rimmi doesnt bother with thicker wires... the laptop cables are his fav, especially my new netbook one :? so we have the laptop cables under the cushions of the sofa, lol....

I dont know how to protect wires other than this!! Some people suggest getting some 'stop chewing' sprey but I dont know how well this works :?

Buns eh?!! :lol::lol:

You can get mini-trunking (square plastic) or electrical conduit (round plastic) from homebase, b&q etc.
Its alot stronger than the ikea stuff, but its not flexible, however it can be cut to length. x

Oh, I have just bought some of the Ikea ones for this purpose! I will keep an eye on it then and if it doesnt do the trick then I will get some of the B&Q industrial stuff.

Glad I read this.

My bunnies seem to chew more with that stop chewing spray stuff :shock:
The B&Q ones are really good though, Honey chews anything and everything and they really are very strong :D

I fed my cables through hollow metal tubes when my buns were inside. Mine were the poles from a plastic greenhouse, but I've seen similar poles in b&q or wickes.

we use flexible plastic pre slit conduit trunking from amazon uk. its been fab...BUT willow chewed through a spare piece. And now dear little merlin...grits teeth...has chewed through it in seconds!!!
hes a destroyer....terrible...if i put him out in a hutch i reckon hed chew thru it and escape:lol::lol:

with my first house bun i went to our local diy store...focus...which is long gone now sadly. I purchased some white plumbing pipes of varying diameter...and togher with furniture it worked fine!

at my mums house i have a box of the skirting board and wall trunking but its been too much right now!! plus merlin would eat that off the walls anyway! its why hes confined to nikkis room right now..i cant hide any wires and if i cant merlin proof them i will have to think again. plus i have books...hes a devil for climbing etc...only alternative to bookcases...plastic boxes with lids!!:oops:

if anyone has any other tips....id love to know!!!!

Back