• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat Chase

Candiflare

Mama Doe
I'm so sad for little Ralphy today, I was out in the garden with him while he was running around and suddenly I heard a scrabble on our stone path and he was being chased by a cat from a house nearby. I immediately intervened and started shouting at the cat and running after it, but Ralphy disappeared behind our garden shed and I couldn't fit around there. Of course the cat went after him round the back of the shed and I heard a small squeal :( :( as Ralph ran out of the other side. So I grabbed the cat as it whipped past and managed to get hold of its hind quarters where it promptly scratched me and squirmed out of my grasp. Undeterred, it carried on chasing him, so I picked up a handful of stones and threw them directly at the cat who ran up on to the wall, then another handful of stones had it heading over the wall next door. I then started searching for Ralph in the shrubbery with my heart beating, terrified, thinking he had been hurt. The poor little man was cowering in some long grass at the side of the garden, completely flat on the ground, breathing heavily. I picked him up immediately and his little chest was pumping hard, he was shaking and his heart was beating ten to the dozen. I took him inside and stroked him on my lap for 30 mins and it took him a really long time to get over it. He's not injured, thank God, just very scared.

I'm always in the garden, watching him, every time that he is out and there are other cats who break into our garden who do nothing and are completely indifferent. This one came out of nowhere, I'd never seen it before, and I couldn't believe how determined it was. I am angry that I can't let him loose in our rabbit proog (but not cat proof) garden while I am there too! He has a run as well, but I don't want this stupid cat intimidating him the whole time.

Do you think this cat was trying to kill him, or just chase him for fun?

Do you think this cat was trying to kill him, or just chase him for fun?[/QUOTE]

Its hard to tell :? poor Ralphy - I dont really know what to say except I feel for you - i had exactly the same thing when Sooty was a few months old - I was out with her and a cat jumped the fence - I ended up chasing bunny and cat round and round our oil tank in my Pjs and bare feet - must of looked hilarious like tom and jerry but my heart was going like mad just hoping I could catch one of them!! Eventually I chased the cat out of the garden and sooty was unharmed but I can totally sypathise as I have this lovely bunny proof garden and im too scared to let her out :cry:

Hope he is ok now after lots of mummy cuddles :love:

This is one of the reasons I dont think cats should be allowed to just roam free wherever they please. No other pet is allowed to do so so why cats? I believe every cat owner should cat proof their garden to stop their cats leaving their property. Your animal suffered while someone else's had a whale of a time! Im not against cats I just think they should be controlled. I hope your bunny is okay.

Poor Ralphy. probably the cat was just playing. A FAIRY LIQUID bottle filled with water is my advice, spray the cat with it, they detest water.

This is one of the reasons I dont think cats should be allowed to just roam free wherever they please. No other pet is allowed to do so so why cats? I believe every cat owner should cat proof their garden to stop their cats leaving their property. Your animal suffered while someone else's had a whale of a time! Im not against cats I just think they should be controlled. I hope your bunny is okay.

Agreed!! Never thought of it before but it does seem unfair that YOUR bunny cant go out in YOUR garden because of someone elses cat! :cry:

Back