• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

worried about chelsea help stasis age 11 urgent

bunlover

Warren Veteran
hi guys, not been on a lot recently i know but ineed you now.

chelsea has been eating less the last few days and yesterday didnt eat ehr breakfast and only a little of her tea she was yesterday pooing and weeing ok and grazing eating leaves etc, she is 11.5yrs old roughly. she has arthritus and was grinding her teeth a bit as if in pain so was given metacam at home.

today she ate some food again but not what she normally does and she has not eaten her tea.. this evening she was taken to vets by mum who said that her kidneys felt fine but her left abdomen had a lump she could feel she didnt know if it was a blockage or a tumour etc and chelsea hates being handeled and was very stressed, vet prescribed metaclopromide aand renatidine has checked teeth too. she ahs lost a little weight but is drinking as little as she normally does, as most of her moisture comes from grazing etc, she said that a blood test could be done but to be honest chelsea was stressed and squeaking etc so mum decided against for now.

unfortunatly the rabbit savvy mr burgess our norma lvet (jason) was not ther and so she was seen by a diff vet. she is coming up and sniffing food but not eating oh and vet siad lymph nodes are up.

mum has given the renitidine ranitidine (300ml per ml 0.41 ml by mouth twice a day)
but we havent given metoclopramide (10mg crush i tablet and add to 10 mls water then give 1.5ml of mixture in syringe by mouth 2x daily 2hrs after the ramitidine was what we were told) as we were worried if it was a blockage it may cause stomach to rupture....
x rays were a possibility but vet wanted to sedeate her for them and chelsea normally has x rays sat still without sedation with jason because of her age and good nature of jsut sitting while on table.

mum has gone to tesco now to get parsley and corriander and mint etc stuff to tempt her but she wont eat apple or dried food which she normally loves. we are worried about her but apart form the grinding and not eating her behaviour is normal.
any ideas guys? also are we right to not give metoclopramide? not sure if doing right thing as think she going into stasis as eating less and less and her poos are now smaller than before, she has dropped from 3.25 to 3.10 kg adn her weight is usually around 3.2 though she was 3kg when younger

if its a tumour should we operate? if it is a blockage what should we be doing? if its something else what can we do... my thoughts are that due to lymph nodes being up her throat is sore and she cant swallow easily therefore isnt eating due to painfuol throat have treid mushed pellets etc too and baby food.

Last edited:
also does the metoclopramide have to be exactly 2 hours apart from the ranitidine as vet we saw today stressed that it must be given exactly 2 hours apart else wont work if thats case we need to give soon if we decide to give it.
those with older buns especially please reply xx

Hi hun, have you posted this on the health thread too? I think more people will see it there xx

yes its in both i dont know what else we can do :( am very concerned. x

edited: now decided to go ahead with metacloprimide as not sure what else we can do except follow vets advice argghhh why is jason not in until wednesday?!!!

Last edited:
Back