• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just bought an 8ft x 12ft run!

dayle_x

Mama Doe
on ebay for £50. it is avairy style aswell :D
i almost want to cry, now i don't have to wait years for my uncle to build me one :D
My shed is 8ft x 6ft, and will now be with an 8ft x 12ft run, and they have free range of a 25ft squareish run every day for a few hours. How many buns do you think this will fit in?

I plan to have 6 in a 14ftx6ft which is 84 sq ft, and the guys on here said as my buns are s/m then I could fit 1-2 more.

Yours works out at 144sqft so maybe about the same is 7-9 as a bonded group, which is proving more difficult than I imagined! And just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Last edited:
whoooo! you got yourself a bargain there!! :D:D
IMHO, I wouldn't put more than two bunnies in that set up... maybe three if they are small!

Amazingly good bargain :D **Goes off to look on ebay**

My two have their bedroom which is approx 120 sq feet, so tbh not sure I'd put any more than 3 buns in really. But I guess depends on size of the buns and how much time in additional space etc.

whoooo! you got yourself a bargain there!! :D:D
IMHO, I wouldn't put more than two bunnies in that set up... maybe three if they are small!

Can I ask why no more than two when other members would put 7-9 in? It just seems a massive difference!

I know the more space the better but if someone has large accomodation surely they are better to fill it with more bunnies and lessen the load on the rescues?

7-9? Pointless getting spacious accomodation if you are going to put loads of rabbits in there so cutting down on the space they have :?

7-9? Pointless getting spacious accomodation if you are going to put loads of rabbits in there so cutting down on the space they have :?

I am by no means saying I agree with putting 7-9 bunnies in there but more bunnies doesnt always mean they have less space. I know it does a little but if you think about it 1 bunny in a 3ft hutch has much less space than if it lived in a 6ft hutch with a friend (i.e 3ft each).

£50 :shock: wow...I've been looking but haven't found any like that and I've looked every day!! I'm jealous...I also love the kennel style with runs....
As for how many buns I would agree with the post above..surly all that space can accomodate a couple more with still plenty of room to play and run??

Yeah have just done a search on bunnyaddicts bunningham palace (which inspired me!) which is 21ft x 9ft and has 14 buns in. Just thinking I could bond all mine into one big group?

Can I ask why no more than two when other members would put 7-9 in? It just seems a massive difference!

I know the more space the better but if someone has large accomodation surely they are better to fill it with more bunnies and lessen the load on the rescues?

I don't think to 'lessen the load' is justifiable (is that even a real word?!) to put loads of bunnies in one space. You're effectively lowering the quality of the buns life by having less space between the group! Surely its better to have two bunnies in larger room, than cram loads of bunnies in the same space?
This is something personal to me, and I feel sometimes even the 5x2 hutches are too small for a pair.

I don't think to 'lessen the load' is justifiable (is that even a real word?!) to put loads of bunnies in one space. You're effectively lowering the quality of the buns life by having less space between the group! Surely its better to have two bunnies in larger room, than cram loads of bunnies in the same space?
This is something personal to me, and I feel sometimes even the 5x2 hutches are too small for a pair.

I agree these are definately too small for a pair, especially with the amount of running about Stawberry seems do!

I just think with an 8ft by 12ft run you could get at least 4 buns with plenty of space.

I agree these are definately too small for a pair, especially with the amount of running about Stawberry seems do!

I just think with an 8ft by 12ft run you could get at least 4 buns with plenty of space.

Is there a certain somebun you have your eye on?

Great!!

My two have a overall total of 22ft x 4ft (run is 6ft x 6ft) which is available at all times.

I wouldn't put no more buns into that space, as I sometimes think it is too cramped now :oops:

Back