• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Quick answer needed

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone know how easy it would be to get a bunny from N Ireland to mainland England, and how long it would take?

A badly disabled bunny may need a place here but I am not sure if it would be too much of an ordeal for the poor little thing :? :(

Need quick replies as a decision on its future will be made this evening

I *think* there's ferries from Belfast to north Wales or Scotland, either which way it's still a long journey to your place.
Probably calls for a bunny run with overnight stops:?

I was thinking he would come through holyhead:? then getting to us wouldn't be too bad. I'm not sure whereabouts in Ireland he is at the moment so getting to holyhead could take forever :?

Its a hell of a journey for a healthy rabbit, but a disabled one....

Not sure what to do about this

How disabled is he? Like physically disabled but feeling well? Or ill disabled and feeling rubbish?

If you get what I mean.

I don't know how long it would take but have travelled on the ferry from England to the channel islands with my rats and have experience of that

It was a 4 hour journey for me. One thing that would put me off traveling with a sick or disabled bunny would be pets must remain in a car, and I was not allowed to go and check on my rats through out the journey. Someone did go and look at them through the window for me, but they were healthy baby rats. For someone who works on the boat I would just assume they wouldn't know what signs to look for going to check and that would just put me right off doing it with a rabbit incase something did happen to the bunny and it wasn't noticed. I think I was actually lucky in even getting someone to go and look its only because I started freaking out, it wouldn't surprise me if they just said they had checked to shut me up to be honest :oops:

How disabled is he? Like physically disabled but feeling well? Or ill disabled and feeling rubbish?

If you get what I mean.

He is physically disabled but apparently well in himself, but he is just a baby :(

He is seeing a vet tonight and may be pts so was hoping we can help but I think we are just too far away:cry::cry:

Not sure about costs either or who would travel all that way with him, we don't have a lot of spare money or time :?

When I looked into flying my boys the ferry was a lot cheaper, but you had to be traveling with a car and I think it was about £370 or something to take the ferry with my car. What ferry company goes from England to Ireland? Both the ones I contacted there was no possible way a pet could travel unless in a car x

Last edited:
You can't help them all, and sometimes you may be too far, or they may be too ill, so if you can't get him to you then it's not your fault.

If he is physically well and happy, then he stands the best chance at making the journey. Although obviously given he is a baby he may be more vulnerable than a young adult, but some babies cope fine with stuff like that.

Ooops sorry

It would be best to contact the airline and just check how much they will charge for a rabbit before you commit to anything though, I was quoted hundreds to bring my two rats on a plane and got quotes from three different airlines the ferry was cheaper than the lot of them. Like I said it was a lot cheaper doing it by boat and even then it was still quite expensive, something to consider if you are short of money at the moment

Last edited:
You can't help them all, and sometimes you may be too far, or they may be too ill, so if you can't get him to you then it's not your fault.

If he is physically well and happy, then he stands the best chance at making the journey. Although obviously given he is a baby he may be more vulnerable than a young adult, but some babies cope fine with stuff like that.

I think you are right this time :cry:

I am not well enough to travel that far, Steve wont fly and with that sort of cost for a ferry there is no way we could get there. The bunny is so young it should really still be with its mum.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: How frustrating :cry:

I think you are right this time :cry:

I am not well enough to travel that far, Steve wont fly and with that sort of cost for a ferry there is no way we could get there. The bunny is so young it should really still be with its mum.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: How frustrating :cry:

*cuddles*

could you maybe help in a different way? Like trying to find it a good home? Maybe acting as some sort of advisary for how to cope with a disabled bunny? So even though you can't have him with you you can offer him help in other ways?

Doesn't anyone on here live near them? Or know someone who does? Maybe pick the poor bun up. You could give them advice or something? Wish I could help more:cry:

Back