• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

never rains but it pours...

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I've been wondering this since he came to me, but it is really noticable now. his front bottom teeth are coming over his top. nothing serious just yet (iykwim) he is still eating and doesn't look to be in pain, but will be getting him booked in with the vet asap.

It cost me 100pounds last week for Cherry's dental, but that was back teeth and they were very bad :(. hopefully this will not be so bad :) fingers crossed please

I've been through this with Jasmine...her top teeth go behind the bottom ones...my vet drew me a diagram and explained that sometimes the back teeth being overgrown can cause the front teeth to misalign :?

Not sure that will cheer you up much tho!

No, not much from the cost point of view, but it gives me something to ask them to investigate :)

Although my vets are good day to day, they don't seem to be experienced in dental rabbits :(

I think they are going to get plenty of experience from my guys :)

Is Jasmine's a recurring thing? I am hoping Cherry's isn't and was just a bad diet, and a couple of dentals will sort her out. Where as I get the impression Frankie's will be a recurring thing that I have to look out for :(

I'm not sure if its recurring yet.

She had her incisors trimmed a few days after I got her by a locum who was less than good with bunnies :roll:

It was my usual vet who explained the possible cause to me but I didnt have Jasmine with me at the time.

Shes still eating ok and I'm rather hoping that her improved diet will be doing her teeth a bit of good .....I need to take her back to see my good vet so that he can look at her back teeth too.

The locum refused to look at her back teeth because ' she wasn't dribbling so they must be ok ' :roll:

Frankie is booked in for a check up tomorrow, with the view to him stopping over night and getting what ever done the next morning.

Back