• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Looks like Tilly is drooling :( Positive update post 14

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Earlier I had to move all the buns away from their normal accommodation (as I sprayed de-fleaing stuff around). Tilly and Roger came in the porch and I gave them a different water bowl, much smaller and shallower.

I went to check them and noticed Tilly had wet all on her left cheek and around her neck. I thought, being the plank that Tilly is, that she had laid in the water (she has a tendency to 'swim' anyway). So I dried her off.

Having just checked her she now has a wet area in the same place.

She has a residual head tilt, and this is her 'down' side, so dental problems are likely at some point.

We've dried it off again now, and will see how she is in the morning. She's back in her normal surroundings with her normal bowls and stuff.

She has lost weight, but that was because I've been dieting (she used to live with Summer who was being free fed due to cancer and not maintaining body weight, so Tilly became a bit of a porker, but now sshe is a nice healthy weight, definitely not skinny). She is still stuffing her food like it's going out of style, including all pellets, fresh and hay, and when calm her tilt is as good as normal.

She was 'Advantaged' yesterday, but not sure that's related.

I just hope she doesn't have dental problems. Se doesn't need the stress of a vets trip (and neither does her formerly wild bondmate) and I don't need any more dental bunnies! (I already have 9 here).

Please send vibes she is nice and dry tomorrow and she has just been swimming, not growing spurs.

Last edited:
Awww sending lots of vibes hun

It might be best to get her checked at the vets even if she is dry tomorrow chick. I had this fright with my cat not long ago but it turned out she had just stuck her face in her bowl because the vet could find nothing wrong x

It might be best to get her checked at the vets even if she is dry tomorrow chick.

I was thinking that. I just hate going to the vets as it is (there so bl**dy often), so only want to go when its needed and not have to go when it's not needed. I do thnk you're right though.

I was thinking that. I just hate going to the vets as it is (there so bl**dy often), so only want to go when its needed and not have to go when it's not needed. I do thnk you're right though.

I get that hun, I don't like going in for nothing because it stresses them so much :wave: When Smirnoff's mouth wasn't wet again that day or the next I did kind of think ok she had obviously just gotten it wet somewhere in her bowl or a puddle in the garden but I couldn't get it out of my head, and then started thinking that she was eating differently and meowing more but looking back now she wasn't acting differently at all I was just being paranoid incase there was something wrong :oops: x

I couldn't see properly, but she was definitely damp, but I couldn't tell without getting her out and messing with her whether it was new or old, but decided I would get her checked anyway.

I was really stressing about the pair of them last night. I really hope she is ok.

I couldn't see properly, but she was definitely damp, but I couldn't tell without getting her out and messing with her whether it was new or old, but decided I would get her checked anyway.

I was really stressing about the pair of them last night. I really hope she is ok.

Hope she is ok and sending vibes x

Nice positive update :) She was dry earlier and is dry now. The vet checked her all over and says he can see no evidence of anything spur like, no lacerations in her mouth or anything and he did something with her jaw which he said sounded and felt all fine. Her teeth are more angled than they should be but they aren't yet spurs. However, he did say to watch her just to make sure it doesn't come back because she might just be super sensitive to them being a bit wonky.

Phew! I was having all sorts of panic as to what to do with them both if she needed a dental, or if she died or anything. So Tilly lives for another day :D

Thanks everyone.

Back