• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Throwing/digging water bowls

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Lyric has 2 pot bowls for her water but everyday i notice shes emptied one or both of the bowls i was getting a bit worried untill i felt the carpet its soaked:lol: She throws her food bowl so has prob been doing the same with the water bowls how can i stop her doing this?

I had to take Trip and Scarlett's water bowl away because she kept going and just sitting in it :roll: :shock:

Removed the food bowls ages ago because they all seemed to think they were toys to be thrown about! x

Is there anywhere you can attach a water bottle?

I had to take Trip and Scarlett's water bowl away because she kept going and just sitting in it :roll: :shock:

Removed the food bowls ages ago because they all seemed to think they were toys to be thrown about! x

Is there anywhere you can attach a water bottle?

Yes but im so paranoid about them not working or them not getting enough i changed to bowls

I get scared about them not working too, but test them every morning and night and so far have had no problems :)

What kind of bowl does she have? Could you get a heavier one? Like a large one intended for dogs, she may have more trouble trying to throw them and just give up! x

I get scared about them not working too, but test them every morning and night and so far have had no problems :)

What kind of bowl does she have? Could you get a heavier one? Like a large one intended for dogs, she may have more trouble trying to throw them and just give up! x

Pot ones but rabbit ones,I was going to get a dog one,but thats even more water to throw:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Im not really sure what to suggest hun!

I got a big, heavy dogs one so they wouldn't chuck it about but thats when Scarlett decided it was big enough for her to sit in comfortably :lol: x

:wave: same problem here and my bun has refused to drink from a bottle EVER though it is always there just in case she suddenly decides to use it!!
So she has to have a bowl - I tend to have 2 - her small one which shes had since a baby and she usually tips up and a ashtray :oops: (new - like the large glass ones they have in the pubs) and so far that stays upright!!

You must have strong bunnies! Mine drink from the ceramic 'Rabbit' bowls that pet shops sell, and can't imagine that they could tip them over!

I have heavy ceramic ones for dogs, so the buns can't bite it to toss it anywhere! They move around their food dishes by pushing them, but the water makes it too heavy to toss. I just make sure I fill it up frequently to keep it weighed down. :lol:

:wave: Hi. We had the same problem so I bought a stainless steel one that screws on to the mesh on the hutch - I actually think it is used for bird cages. It is only a small one so I have to refill it 2 or 3 times a day - problem solved! Pets at home sell them. :)

:wave: Hi. We had the same problem so I bought a stainless steel one that screws on to the mesh on the hutch - I actually think it is used for bird cages. It is only a small one so I have to refill it 2 or 3 times a day - problem solved! Pets at home sell them. :)

Ahhh good idea ive got a hook on one i use in my dog cages:)

Back