• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freecycle does my head in!!

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
I keep an eye on freecycle (think I will give up now) to keep an eye on people getting rid of buns in the area when I stumbled on one ad where someone was asking for another guinea pig to keep their rabbit company, so I send a polite email just to explain that her rabbit would prefer another rabbit to cuddle with and that a local rescue (I even gave her the name of a local rescue) can even help bond the two rabbits, to which I got the most rude email back saying that I should not send such nonsense to an animal expert whos kept rabbits and guinea pigs together for months..... :roll::roll:

I was nice.... I even wished them luck and offered my help if they needed any.

Humph.

Do any of you ever look on freecycle??

I know that feeling well. I got into a bit of a disagree ment last week with someone who was freecycling their 3 months old kitten as it scratches her son then he throws it across the room. I suggested a bit of discipline for the son and a bit of time and understanding for the cat. Needless to say that didn't go down well.

Tonight someone is asking for a rabbit hutch as they "rescued" a rabbit from pets at home adoption and have nowhere to house it. I couldn't even begin to compose a sensible emial to that person so hoped somene else would see and try and help.

I know that feeling well. I got into a bit of a disagree ment last week with someone who was freecycling their 3 months old kitten as it scratches her son then he throws it across the room. I suggested a bit of discipline for the son and a bit of time and understanding for the cat. Needless to say that didn't go down well.

Tonight someone is asking for a rabbit hutch as they "rescued" a rabbit from pets at home adoption and have nowhere to house it. I couldn't even begin to compose a sensible emial to that person so hoped somene else would see and try and help.

They were allowed to take the bun home without anywhere to house it??? For crying out loud........That poor bun, wonder how long they will keep it till the bun scratches the child if the child throws him/her??? :roll: People eh?

They were allowed to take the bun home without anywhere to house it???

It appears so. I thought most P@h stores were responsible enough to at least chack a hutch or cage was available. Hopefully they will start to do a bit of research. I may email them tomorrow with one of the RWAF info sheets to get them started. I'm too annoyed to give calm advice tonight.

It appears so. I thought most P@h stores were responsible enough to at least chack a hutch or cage was available. Hopefully they will start to do a bit of research. I may email them tomorrow with one of the RWAF info sheets to get them started. I'm too annoyed to give calm advice tonight.

Lol, I didnt bother to respond to my rude email. I was too insulted :(

Do you know which store it would have been? I would get straight on the phone to the store manager in the morning...

Wow...Months!!!

I got told to stop spouting rubbish, her dad is a VET, and tells people to hows buns and g/p's together!!:evil::evil: Some people

Do you know which store it would have been? I would get straight on the phone to the store manager in the morning...

I will try and find out I think. It could be one of 3 as the group posted on is about an equal distance away from 3 of them so could be difficult to track down. I may just take it from the angle of wanting to adopt myself and found that my local store didn't have any. I think if I leave it I will come up with better ways of getting the info I want and maybe put over some rabbit care info a little better than a tired and irritated email tonight.

I will try and find out I think. It could be one of 3 as the group posted on is about an equal distance away from 3 of them so could be difficult to track down. I may just take it from the angle of wanting to adopt myself and found that my local store didn't have any. I think if I leave it I will come up with better ways of getting the info I want and maybe put over some rabbit care info a little better than a tired and irritated email tonight.

Very clever idea!! :) Do you think they'll recognise your email address though??

Very clever idea!! :) Do you think they'll recognise your email address though??

Doubt it, it's from a group I don't really use a lot, just have a quick browse in case of suitable stuff for the shelter I volunteer at. Never posted on there and only ever replied to 1 ad so should be safe. I don't really ever say who I am on Freecycle anyway except for if something suitable comes up then I let the individual know why I want the stuff.

Doubt it, it's from a group I don't really use a lot, just have a quick browse in case of suitable stuff for the shelter I volunteer at. Never posted on there and only ever replied to 1 ad so should be safe. I don't really ever say who I am on Freecycle anyway except for if something suitable comes up then I let the individual know why I want the stuff.

Ahhh, cool :D

I keep an eye on freecycle (think I will give up now) to keep an eye on people getting rid of buns in the area when I stumbled on one ad where someone was asking for another guinea pig to keep their rabbit company, so I send a polite email just to explain that her rabbit would prefer another rabbit to cuddle with and that a local rescue (I even gave her the name of a local rescue) can even help bond the two rabbits, to which I got the most rude email back saying that I should not send such nonsense to an animal expert whos kept rabbits and guinea pigs together for months..... :roll::roll:
I was nice.... I even wished them luck and offered my help if they needed any.

Humph.

Do any of you ever look on freecycle??

wow some people they seirously think there animal experts after a few months??

I mean come on most of us on here have had rabbits for years and we still come for advice and help!

I just went on freecycle to see what it was (never heard of it :oops:)

Right near the top was grey rabbit comes with indoor cage aswell

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

I just went on freecycle to see what it was (never heard of it :oops:)

Right near the top was grey rabbit comes with indoor cage aswell

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Awww :(

I wish I could save them all.... animals are living beings, they cant be 'recycled' - they need to be rehomed properly. I can imagine some poor buns having new owners every month through freecycle......its too EASY

Bet its a tiny indoor cage too

Awww :(

I wish I could save them all.... animals are living beings, they cant be 'recycled' - they need to be rehomed properly. I can imagine some poor buns having new owners every month through freecycle......its too EASY

Bet its a tiny indoor cage too

yup unfortunately its going to be another way for bunny owners not to be responsible for their actions.... and people not in the know buying are going to think its a good thing to get a FREE rabbit with hutch etc etc
Poor bunnies - i think this sort of thing is just going to get worse aswell :cry: - they live about 5 miles away - i would be sooo tempted but i know there are thousands of bunnies needing homes :cry:

I often reply to free ad bunnies and point them here as free bunnies can end up for dog baiting. As long as you have told and individual your concerns, their reaction is not something you can control. It will either be positive or negative and, at the end of the day, the rabbit or guinea pig is the only concern.

Right, well here is the message I sent

"Hi

Hope you managed to find a hutch for your bunny. Hope you don't mind me asking but which pets at home was it your got your rabbit? I would like a rabbit from their adoption section and my local store doesn't have any. It was the adoption section you used, right?

Thanks for your help."

Hopefully I will get a response as on the whole Freecycle people are quite good at passing on info and doing each other a good turn. I thought it best to make it sound like they were doing me a favour and if they reply I'll pass on some info. My logic is that if they are not bothered enough to help me out then they are unlikely to listen to advice.

Back