• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feeding??

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
hello:wave:
my dutch rex is 13 weeks old, i give him unlimited pellets at the moment as he is still a growing boy,i make sure his bowl always has a covering in it. when should i start to ration his portions. he does love his pellets bless him. have just tried him with parsley, he loved that..:D
i also have a little lady called coco,she is nearly 9 weeks old, at what age should i introduce her to fresh food, i have read lots of things but they all say different things:?
thanks
claire

Hello :wave:

With the whole pellet thing, I would cut back.. They arent that great for them. However, pile the hay in there instead!!! :D
Mine only have a handful in the morning and a handful in the evening.

I would start to cut back with the nuggets, My Buns have one egg cupful of nuggets a day or half an eggcup full depending which bunny it is! With regards to other foods..alot of people on here will say different to me i know that, but for me I tend to introduce new things from 16weeks onwards. :)

They can have unlimited pellets (if their gut tolerates it) until they are about 6 months old because they are growing and need the extra nutrients, protein, etc. After 6 months you can gradually cut down to something that is more appropriate for an adult rabbit.

Some growing buns can't tolerate unlimited pellets, in which case they should have the maximum that they can tolerate (if that makes sense), but this will probably need to be constantly changed and adjusted as they grow.

Back