• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pining or something more?

HelB

Warren Scout
Right, Just want some opinions. My Rory seems a little subdued today, this isn't in itself unusual we lost his bunny wife a little while ago and so have been keeping an eye on him anyways. But today he has just been sat behind the sofa for ages and when I went to see him he just let me pick him straight up - we normally play a chase me, catch me game! I thought he just wanted a cuddle but he keeps licking his lips a lot (i've seen him do this before) and his nose is a little cold and wet. His nose is always wet - ever since i've had him so this too isnt unusual, he's nearly 2.

Do you think this could be the start of a teeth problem or still pining? He is eating his SS just not as readily as before but he has had some banana and corn on the cob today and he's eaten it fast!

BTW - we are getting him a new bunny wife from BARC,just waiting for her to get over her spay.

:wave: Personally I would take him to the vet, just to make sure teeth are OK. Not sure what licking all the time means but wet nose is the first sign of my rabbit needing a dental. He developed tooth problems when he was two:(
Sorry you lost your bun:(
Good luck with his new wife:D

Thanks. I think I will take him just to have him checked over anyway. He's not lost any weight but I am a little bit worried about him

Back