• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Girls spayed weds, How long

:wave: How long until i can put their big litter trays in filled with hay?. Was told to take them out in case large amounts of hay irritated their wounds.

Ooooh my girls usually go straight back with their Hay when they get home.....although I'd say leave them overnight and then see how they go with it

I give mine the optoin of hay straight away, and some choose hay over fleece. Why not put it in (as long as tey don't have to jump to get into it, which may risk their wounds) and see if they want to use it?

:wave: thankyou for getting back to me.
I have been giving hay loose (where they are spending most of their time) and they have had a shallow litter tray with newspaper in.

I have taken out their huge litter tray normally filled with loads of hay, its quite deep about 6inches. Is it to soon for them to be jumping in and out of something like that?.

Miffy was dragging hay into her tray even though we tried to keep it separate! So by the evening she had her old set-up back. We kept soft torn up kitchen roll at one side and hay at the other to give her a choice and she chose the hay.

Also she was doing her usual jumping onto the roof of the run on the second day - and was fine.

Back