• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pet carriers - help needed please

Lillian

Warren Veteran
I have 13 bunnies going to the vets this thursday and friday evening for their injections, we only get a discount if we get them done on these two days but we only have 3 carriers. We've contacted family but cant get hold of anymore carriers. Is there anyone local-ish that can let us borrow some carriers? Or anywhere cheap online where we can buy a few, we don't have much money because it's going on the injections.

Our vets sell these cardboard carriers for about £5 each, wouldn't personally use them for my buns but it might be worth calling and asking just incase you don't manage to get hold of any others? I have never held one only seen other people use them at the vets and them folded up on sale so don't know how strong they are. I would be very careful if I had an animal in one and hold it from underneath rather than the cut out handle at the top, the ones I have seen are about the same size as a regular pet carrier

With the way mine have jumped around in their carrier and stamped their feet at the vets I wouldn't think cardboard would actually keep them in though!

Wilko do carriers (large ones can get a pair of lops in or 3 littleuns with room to spare) for £9.99:D or have you looked and/or asked on your local freecycle

Def ask on freecycle as I got one from there (and was offered more at the time). When I asked I explained why as well and even got some offers of carriers on loan ... worth a shot.

Back