• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you ever worry...

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
...about what would happen to your buns if you went out one day, got hit by a car and never came back? :shock:

Only really applies to those who live alone as otherwise your o/h or family would see to them. I was just thinking, you could be in a coma or similar and your buns would be home alone with no one to feed them :shock:

Do you think the weather is making me melancholy? :lol:

We have plans in place in case we 'both go at once' in a car accident or something.

There are people that would know what to do with the buns in the meantime and where to look for legal documents.

We have a will that leaves money etc sufficient to look after all buns and have agreed their placement and money with the person concerned.

But i do worry what they would think - whether they would think I had abandoned them.

Oh my god, I had never thought of that..... :shock:

Noone else has keys to the flat.... me and my OH have a pair, I dont even know if the letting agents have a key or event he landlord... I hope they do, but they dont know I have Rimmi here ..... Dont get me wrong, hes allowed, but that doesnt mean they know....

My mum knows I have him but if I died she wouldnt be able to drive.....

:cry::cry:

Oh my goodness, I'm never going to stop worrying now!! :evil::evil:

3 different people have keys to my house, so would be able to help should something happen to me and Scott. Its an awful thought though!

i am hoping ste would have the sense to call up Lou at hopper haven to take Pearl and Alvin should he be unable to cope.

i worry more about the chippies tho, i dont know of anyonw who would take them so Ste would have to keep them :?

if we both died together, i really try not to think about, i cant bear the thought of our families not rallying around to ensure the pets are ok, but who knows how they will react.. the animals are my choice not my families :?

my mom knows if she was to die me and my sis-inlaw would be fighting on who gets her beautiful cats (after its been cleared with RSPCA Walsall ofcourse).

I live with my parents but they wouldn't be able to look after all my buns. I have letters and plans in place that say what should happen to each bunny. Also, if something happened to me in the short term I have been teaching my mum how to care for them 'just in case'.

Yeah I do, but I live with my family so someone would at least go home at some point and see them so they would at least be fed and stuff while they remained there

My cat I am not worried about because I know my mum already wants to keep her now, there is going to be like a full on custody battle when I move and try to take her with me! And the rats my brother would not give up and I am confident they would be cared for properly and loved by him

The bunnies I just don't know :( My sister has always promised me that she would take them, but her situation has changed an awful lot since she said that and I don't think it would be possible anymore. She couldn't afford them and there is no chance they are going somewhere money is an issue. I can't trust my family to use the money I have saved for the buns for the buns, they would spend it on themselves and I know it. I have written down how to find a new home and how to care for them in the meantime

I hope if I die while I still have the buns its at least of some sort of illness where I know I am about to die so I can arrange new homes myself

I am actually tempted to just ask my family to bring them to the animal shelter if anything happens to me because I at least know they homecheck, but feel awful like that would just be dumping on a rescue :( x

Last edited:
I hate to think about it (though I have). Artie has always been a house rabbit and craves human company, although one day soon hopefully he'll be bonded to Esme and so would have her.

My mum comes round to see the bunnies when I'm out at work but she's 80 and no way could look after them fully. (It would break her heart to give them up too :cry:). I have no one else to take over their care. If I was given 12 weeks to live though it would be different as I'd hopefully see them settled and happy with an RUer before I passed.

In theory Tink and Rudy's future would be determined by the rescues they came from but in my absence there would be nobody to think of that :?

I remember seeing a thread ages ago where RUers were all nominating each other for such an eventuality, seeing as a lot of people have a lot of bunnies that could take some organising :lol:

Oh my goodness, I'm never going to stop worrying now!! :evil::evil:

Sorry! I wasn't meaning to stress people out, just thought it was worth considering.

I don't know anyone who would give them a permanent home, but I have made plans.

The hospital would contact my mum as her number in my phone and wallet. She has my housemate's number so she could get hold of the buns, and the number of my friend who runs a rescue and would take the buns until she had found a lovely home for them.

I wasn't necessarily thinking of if I was dead, either - just that if I was unconscious for a while, i wouldn't be able to make arrangements for their short term care.

I've been thinking about that this week too :(

o/h is in hospital and is very lucky he wasn't killed on Tuesday after a lorry crashed into him on his bike. I managed to fall down the stairs the other night (and although I didn't really hurt myself I did manage to land very painfully on my right elbow and shrieked the place down for several minutes :oops: ). Afterwards, while having a sleepless and arm-pain filled night, I kept thinking about who would look after my bunnies and cats and dog if Dave and I were both gone. The horrible reality is there isn't anyone who would have them all :(

i just asked ste if he knew pearls drugs, he said no but the vet would tell him anyway.. i swear im such a girl :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

o/h is in hospital and is very lucky he wasn't killed on Tuesday after a lorry crashed into him on his bike. I managed to fall down the stairs the other night (and although I didn't really hurt myself I did manage to land very painfully on my right elbow and shrieked the place down for several minutes :oops: ). Afterwards, while having a sleepless and arm-pain filled night, I kept thinking about who would look after my bunnies and cats and dog if Dave and I were both gone. The horrible reality is there isn't anyone who would have them all :(

omg how is he?? :cry::cry::cry: i nearly lost my brother to a biking accident. sending loads and loads of healing vibes xxxxx

If you know a good local rescue could you not put a wee card in your purse saying "in case of emergency please take my animals to (address and phone number of rescue) ?

I know it's not the same as having them setlled in a permanent home but rescues do such good work and would only let them go to a suitable person :)

Incidentally it waas falling down the stairs a while ago that set me off thining about this...my housemate was away for the week and I very nearly broke my neck.

omg how is he?? :cry::cry::cry: i nearly lost my brother to a biking accident. sending loads and loads of healing vibes xxxxx

Oh no, I'm so very sorry :(

Dave is doing ok - he's been in hospital since Tuesday with a collapsed lung, broken collarbone, broken ribs, but is feeling a lot better than he was. Just waiting on lung to reinflate before they can safely remove the drain from it.

He had a very lucky escape because the lorry had just started moving off from a stopped position. I dread to think what the outcome would've been had it started slightly sooner and been going faster.

Incidentally it waas falling down the stairs a while ago that set me off thining about this...my housemate was away for the week and I very nearly broke my neck.

Falling down the stairs really focuses the mind on all the 'what ifs'!!! As I say, I didn't really hurt myself, just was totally freaked out afterwards :oops:

Jester comes from BARC so he would go back to them if the worst happened, and hopefully that would mean Daisy would go too. At least I know they'd end up in a good home with Angie and Tracey looking out for them :) My cats and elderly dog on the other hand - no idea.

Anyway, I'm sure Dave and I have a few years in us yet! :lol:

We always carry an 'In case of emergency' card in the car that gives details that if anything happens to both of us that we have rabbits at home and who to contact.

Last edited:
Oh no, I'm so very sorry :(

Dave is doing ok - he's been in hospital since Tuesday with a collapsed lung, broken collarbone, broken ribs, but is feeling a lot better than he was. Just waiting on lung to reinflate before they can safely remove the drain from it.

He had a very lucky escape because the lorry had just started moving off from a stopped position. I dread to think what the outcome would've been had it started slightly sooner and been going faster.

they are so vunerable on bikes. im really glad Dave will make a good recovery, and you get to spoil him rotten when you get him home :love:

always a good thing out of disaster tho, made my brother and his now wife realise whats really important in life.. they are married with a beautiful daughter now (which i think would never of happened without the accident, she didnt want kids until she nearly lost my bro).

hope you can block the bad whatif thoughts out and you get your good from disaster too :D

Falling down the stairs really focuses the mind on all the 'what ifs'!!! As I say, I didn't really hurt myself, just was totally freaked out afterwards :oops:

Me too, I was sick and couldn't settle that night at alll...amusingly I had only gone downstairs to get bunny food! and fell by getting my toe caught in my pyjama leg...scariest thing ever.

Back