• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dust free straw / litter

paradox44

New Kit
Hello! does anyone know of any good dust free or low dust soft straw? mr milo has asthma so I need to keep dust to a minimum atm im using supreme barley straw as it has less dust than pets at home and pettex but still is dusty! I have to buy online due to health but keep trying all these different products just to find out their just as dusty!

Also any good low dust litters that you can get in large packs? we get through a tonne of stuff! thank you very much for all your help!

I saw Dust Extracted straw in Notcutts garden centre the other day, one of those compressed poly wrapped bales. But how about a paper or cardboard bedding made for horses - sure some others use that, is it called Easibed Easabed or something? that would come in sizeable bag/bale. I think the Hemp (Aubiose) bedding is dust free too. I use Megazorb for the pigs but wouldn't say that was dust free.

I can send you a small sample of Dust free straw if you'd like to PM your address to see if it's any good for you before committing to a larger bag.:D

Can also supply litter if needed

The dust free straw from www.dustfreehay.co.uk is absolutely superb, it is soooo soft and snuggly...and dust free of course! The more you buy the cheaper it works out per bag so if you get on with it, it might be worth buying hay from there as well as that is also dust extracted :)

I find for dust free hay if you go for a brand thats mainly designed for horses much more less dusty then dust free designed for swmaller animals like rabbits and cavys :)

I use hay from www.dustfreehay.co.uk and my bunnies love it. I bought a bag of ordinary hay from local horse supplies place and they have chucked it out of their litter tray in favour of the dust free stuff.

They also have prompt delivery and a large bale lasts for ages.:wave:

Which of the type of hay do you use from the dustfree site please?
We are after a comfy hay but one that is good for teeth.
Is the soft one the right one?
Thank you. :)

I use hay from www.dustfreehay.co.uk and my bunnies love it. I bought a bag of ordinary hay from local horse supplies place and they have chucked it out of their litter tray in favour of the dust free stuff.

They also have prompt delivery and a large bale lasts for ages.:wave:

is the large bale just in hay? is the hay soft? sorry for the questions!

Back