• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Confining free range houserabbit at night

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
Louie goes into a 6 panel puppy pen at night which is kept in the conservatory. The kitchen leads directly into the conservatory with no wall or connecting door.

The problem is as soon as I put the pen up he runs in and starts biting on the metal from the outide even before he is locked in :roll: Then, when I put him in for the night, he goes absolutely mad, chewing the bars, moving the pen around and crashing and banging until the whole thing has moved several inches and his water bowl has gone flying.

I can't leave him out as he loves to chew wood which would leave skirting boards, kitchen units and the kitchen door available for him to eat.

I also have a garage he could go in but it's cold out there plus we house the tumble dryer and a treadmill in there so there are a lot of wires that he could have a field day with.

Any ideas what else we could do?

My pair are being a nightmare bout their crate at the minute too. As soon as they go in Snowdrop is rattling the bars and im worried about annoying the neighbours. They stay free range in our room at night but are both chewers so keep us up all night chewing.

Just let them onto the landing and Strawberry wont stopchewing theliving room door so he is back in his crate having some time out! He is flopped out sulking while Snowdrop is continuing to destroy the bedroom!

Could you add another pen to make his space bigger?

When I used to occasionaly confine Apache to a dog crate he would trash it, but when I started using two 6-panel pens joined together, he was fine.

It's a flipping nightmare isn't it? Luckily as Louie is in the conservatory the neighbours can't hear him!

When I kept Tinkerbell in the pen at nights, I would set it up, call her and she would hop in, never a peep out of her all night.

Louie, though, is a different matter :roll:

Yes, I could attach another pen. I think he has been used to no confinement and just gets very angry when he gets locked up.

I am considering leaving my two free range in my bedroom during the day while im at work and just buying a new door when we move out!

Back