• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milo got run over by an office chair =(

sidereus7

Mama Doe
I am still shaking.

David didn't check for Milo when he rolled his office chair back, and he caught Milo somehow. Milo screamed and leaped high into the air. The sound of his scream has made me absolutely sick and shaky. What a horrific sound. :cry:

He seems to be walking on all of his legs fine. Is it possible for a rabbit to scream when they're truly startled, or do you think he got clipped by the chair? What does a broken toe look like?

Ugh, I'm a mess. :cry:

This happened in the past with Lola, me and my OH were so upset and shaken up by her little scream. Fortunatley for us her foot was fine.

I'm afraid I've never had a bun with a toe injory so can't comment further.

I hope Milo is ok though! and you! :):love:

Thanks so much for your replies. I was angry with the OH, but I realized it was just an accident, and I know he didn't mean to. :(

It's also comforting to know they can scream without having a horrible injury. Not good that Milo screamed, but good that it might not be so bad. He's chowing down on hay, and I gave him a grape because I felt so bad. :( Hopefully these are good signs that he's not in too much pain.

I really hope that the little guy is okay. I never have heard a bunny scream. I bet it was petrifying. I wonder if the big chair coming at him just really scared him especially if he leaped into the air at the same time.

Poor Milo & both of you. Yes they can scream with pure fright. It's a blood chilling sound, must have shaken your o/h up as well. Hoping everyone recovers quickly.

Poor Milo & both of you. Yes they can scream with pure fright. It's a blood chilling sound, must have shaken your o/h up as well. Hoping everyone recovers quickly.

The OH thought it was me screaming. :oops: I did scream, but only after Milo did. He's running around the living room and scarfing down hay, so I'm keeping an eye on him, but I'm feeling a bit better.

I was reading about poor Thumper and his screaming with that construction truck thing. How awful. :( How is his ear now?

I just came by to check to see if there was any news about Milo. I am glad to hear that he does not seem to be hurt. Poor little guy. You, your OH and him must of all been so scare. He is an adorable little bun.

oh dear, how scary for you :( Apache managed to get trapped under the bed on friday and I thought he had broken his back, I was terrified :cry:

I'm sure he will be ok if he's walking properly...just keep an eye on him.

Aww, as long as he is not seriously hurt he should be okay. Just a nasty shock. My OH was about a millisecond from crushing fidget to death once. He went to sit down on the bed and fidet just ran underneath as he sat. Although he did sit on her, i screamed in time and he didn't put all his weight down and got up and she was fine. Accidents do happen :( Hope Milo is okay!

I'm hoping that all is OK with you all.
I'm so sorry that I didn't explain why buns scream last night to reassure you more. It isn't because it hurts a lot. Buns scream when they think they are being attacked by a predator. From Milo's view point the office chair suddenly came to life as a big predator & bit him! It was probably the smallest nip, but enough to trigger his instinctive response, which is there to make a real predator drop them in surprise, so they get a chance to run off.

When Thumper screamed when his ear drum was damaged (sudden pain) it was just the once, although the ear must have got more painful as time elapsed. From his view point something invisible was attacking & biting him & he didn't know how to escape from it. Yes he's fine now, but it took 2 months for him to relax again, & he wore the fur off his hocks, from being in a constant "ready to run" position on carpet.

I'm hoping that all is OK with you all.
I'm so sorry that I didn't explain why buns scream last night to reassure you more. It isn't because it hurts a lot. Buns scream when they think they are being attacked by a predator. From Milo's view point the office chair suddenly came to life as a big predator & bit him! It was probably the smallest nip, but enough to trigger his instinctive response, which is there to make a real predator drop them in surprise, so they get a chance to run off.

When Thumper screamed when his ear drum was damaged (sudden pain) it was just the once, although the ear must have got more painful as time elapsed. From his view point something invisible was attacking & biting him & he didn't know how to escape from it. Yes he's fine now, but it took 2 months for him to relax again, & he wore the fur off his hocks, from being in a constant "ready to run" position on carpet.

Poor Thumper! :( I'm so glad he's doing ok now.

Milo is doing just fine now, and it seems he really just was startled! Right after the "attack", he was thumping like crazy, possibly warning me about the evil chair. :lol: The OH is very careful to look down before he rolls around now!

I'm really pleased to hear that all is well with you all. :D:D:D:D:D
It honestly took me 2 years to even begin to see a bunny's view point. The predator aspect is really "hard wired" into them, but shows in different ways in our domestic bunny friends.
It explains why he thumped so much doesn't it?

Back