• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

concerned for some babies,not sure what to do for the best...

mollys mum

Young Bun
to cut a long story short I rehomed a baby bun about 4 months ago, the people went on holiday and instead of asking me to look after her, they asked their friend to and unfortunately whilst they were away the lady mated their bunny, with one of hers:censored: unfortunately babies have arrived and it has been bought to my attention today,:? the owner is now expecting me to pick the pieces up:?, the babies are between 4 and 6 weeks old, The problem is I am no longer running as a rescue because im due to have my baby in 5 weeks or so, which is why ive stopped taking bunnies in and am now just down to my own rabbits.
on going over to the owners house tonight it is obvious she just wants the problem to go away, and they have said that they will either take the babies to pets at home adoption.... or take them up onto the downs and release them:cry::cry: i have tried to reassure them i will do my best to try and find the babies homes but im now concerned that if i cant they are going to end up in even worse circumstances:cry::cry:

if i take them here my husband is going to go mad:censored: and plus i dont have any spare hutches
every rescue is full to bursting so no where local will be able to take them:cry::cry:

not sure what to do for the best, do i toughen up and accept it isnt my problem,
or
try and get some extra hutches and take them even tho it will cause big problems at home on top of having a baby myself

any advice really welcome :D:D

Have you tried Raystede and everywhere? I don't think it's your problem Caroline, but then again I can see why you want them to make sure no harm comes their way. Is there any foster places or anything? Seems a shame for all your hard work to get rescue sorted before baby arrives to go down the pan due to some womans silly mistake. What about RSPCA? There must be somewhere else near here???!!!

Back