• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Glue on Honey's nose - how can I get it off?

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
Well as you all know Honey's been in the vet all last week and in the time she was there she had a feeding tube inserted through her nose.

I thought that when I got her home she'd be able to get the remainder of the stuff on her nose off but so far she hasn't managed it. I'm not sure if it was put on to hold the tube in place or what but now the fur on her nose is hard but not discoloured. It's causing her a bit of annoyance as she keeps trying to groom it away.

I'm not sure of the best way to get this off? Will it come off if we bathe it with water do you think or will we need to cut it off?:shock:

What happens if you gently pull it?

It will come off with time I would think, but I imagine gentle teasing with your fingers is probably the best bet, failing that, carefully cutting with some scissors, but it would eventually come off anyway.

Try a baby wipe, if that has no effect then a trim would be the best option. If it's longer hair holding the base then pulling the glue stops it tugging on her skin so might get less dirty looks :)

Try a baby wipe, if that has no effect then a trim would be the best option. If it's longer hair holding the base then pulling the glue stops it tugging on her skin so might get less dirty looks :)

Thaks Tasmin, will try the baby wipe later on.:D

You can get stuff from chemist that removes sticky stuff such as plasters. It doesn't harm human skin, non-sting, so if other methods fail, you could try getting some of that?

You could also try a flea comb, we've used that here on boarders who have arrived with dirty bottoms that have dried hard and need cleaning up. Just hold the base of the hair so it doesn't pull the skin and gentle tease it through. Some warm water may help melt the glue a little but I've usually found sticky stuff easier to get out when it's dry. Good Luck

Back