• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help, I don't know what to do

Michelle666

Mama Doe
I don't know what to do, I have two contis and I can't look after them anymore. I know Im proberly going to be ambushed for this, but Im totally stuck now. One of them has possibly got ear mites. I haven't even got any money to put petrol in my car to get her to the vet, let alone pay for the treatment. Ive had a really bad month. The OH hasn't been paid for a job and is on overdraft. He's at work far away and I don't even have any credit cards or overdraft. Im completely stuck.
I can't cope any longer. I really need someones help and I dont know what to do. Im so upset coz ive let them down.

Can't you advertise them in the rabbits in need section and hope someone on here can take them. Contis are very popular, finding them a home shouldn't too difficult.

I'm really sorry things are bad *hugs* xx

I was in similar situation a few weeks ago...I can't work due to illness, and hubby wasn't able to work as he was waiting on a licence to come thru. That month, he never got paid, we couldn't pay the mortgage, had 2 kids to feed, and then my bun got sick.
Everything seemed desperate, but i explained my situation to the vet, and they were marvelous. Roxy got treated, i can pay monthly, and now things are straightening out again.

Maybe if financially you can't cope anymore, then it is time to rehome your buns, but if it's only a temporary blip...you might be able to work thru it

I have been speaking with Kris from starlight. She's being lovely and trying to help me. Ive advertised on Rehome, but havn't had any response. Im so upset its come to this, but Im completely stuck and feel like they are not getting a very good life with me.

Sorry things are bad for you at the moment but I wouldn't make any rash decisions just yet as there could be better times just around the corner. I would try to deal with things in order of priority. If your bun does have ear mites, perhaps you can treat them with an over the counter treatment that wouldn't require the vets.

Is this something you have been thinking about for a while, or is this because you feel overwhelming due to the ear mites?

I only ask because I would hate to have you make a knee jerk decision because you feel overwhelmed, and actually there could be different solutions available (such as borrowing money from a family member, asking someone to foster for you, etc).

Is this something you have been thinking about for a while, or is this because you feel overwhelming due to the ear mites?

I only ask because I would hate to have you make a knee jerk decision because you feel overwhelmed, and actually there could be different solutions available (such as borrowing money from a family member, asking someone to foster for you, etc).

Its something Ive been thinking about for a while. I can;t borrow money from family as I already owe my mum over £4000.00 and my OH's parents over £3000.00. Ive had to cut up my credit card as its got to over £6000.00.
Im never around anymore, as I work long hours at work, and when I am at home, I can barely move Im so tired. They need a better life with someone who would give them more than I can.
Thankfully Kris has been able to help me. I am so greatful to her, hopefully they will find a fantastic home.

I'm glad its not a kneejerk reaction, but I am terribly sorry for all you are going through. Hopefully knowing these two will find a wonderful home might ease the pressure a bit. You never know, you might still be able to get updates if someone from the forum adopts them.

I'm glad its not a kneejerk reaction, but I am terribly sorry for all you are going through. Hopefully knowing these two will find a wonderful home might ease the pressure a bit. You never know, you might still be able to get updates if someone from the forum adopts them.

Thank you for being so kind. I have been really worried trying to do something in case people on here think badly of me. I know what Im doing is a terrible thing, but I just feel its the right thing to do for them.

Thank you for being so kind. I have been really worried trying to do something in case people on here think badly of me. I know what Im doing is a terrible thing, but I just feel its the right thing to do for them.

You're doing what you think is best for them, and that's never a terrible thing. We all know in this climate that things go wrong and circumstances change. To be honest, your complete desperation comes across in your post and I'm sure that you have really thought long and hard about this, and despite how painful it is for you, you're trying your hardest for them.

I sure hope people don't judge you, and if they do, I hope they never EVER find themselves in a situation where their life has changed and they need people to be kind and supportive of them.

My PM box is open if you want a chat or anything.

I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling. :(:( I saw Thelma and Louise on RR the other day and wondered if it was your Thelma and Louise or just a coincidence. What about your puppy? Does she have to go too? :(

It's probably not much help if you can't afford the vet fees, but I'm happy to take you to the vets one day next week if you like. Do you get any housing benefit/council tax benefit as you could go to the PDSA instead on this occasion?

sorry that you have to rehome your buns, but what about your dog? if you are working long hours, is she getting enough attention and exercise?

It's probably not much help if you can't afford the vet fees, but I'm happy to take you to the vets one day next week if you like. Do you get any housing benefit/council tax benefit as you could go to the PDSA instead on this occasion?

In addition to that, are there any RSPCA clinics nearby? They ask for a donation of £5 for whatever is done. We have one in Ipswich but thinks that's probably a it far for you guys to travel. I would wonder if calling your local RSPCA branchs (or checking out their websites) might open up some opportunities.

I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling. :(:( I saw Thelma and Louise on RR the other day and wondered if it was your Thelma and Louise or just a coincidence. What about your puppy? Does she have to go too? :(

The puppys my OH's and his parents look after her during the day. We own our own house, and Im getting very worried as we're finishing our fixed rate in Dec, and will have to go on variable as no one does 100% mortgages anymore. OH has had to go self employed after being made redundant and its a bit slow at mo.

my fixed rate runs out in november. i haven't panicked yet because it was higher than the flexible rate...

thinking of you. circumstances are hard. keep going.

In addition to that, are there any RSPCA clinics nearby? They ask for a donation of £5 for whatever is done. We have one in Ipswich but thinks that's probably a it far for you guys to travel. I would wonder if calling your local RSPCA branchs (or checking out their websites) might open up some opportunities.

I just had a quick look and there's one in Chelmsford but you need to be on a means tested benefit to qualify. http://www.rspca-essexmid.org.uk/aboutus.html I mentioned the PDSA as I know the local branch is only 10 mins or so away, in Pitsea/Vange.

Oh hun, how awful for you :( Are they litter trained? Do they live indoors or outdoors at the mo? I work with someone whose beloved french lop housebunny has just passed away, they are still very sad about this but I may get an opportunity to sensitively broach it with them later this week if you're definitely feeling you need to rehome them. Big hugs to you, it's a horrible situation to find yourself in :cry:

Back