• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

tips for settling in a new bun

rexy&coco

Warren Scout
hi. we have an 8 wk old netherland dwarf called coco. she has been with us from wednesday afternoon, she is munching her hay ok but not doing much with her dried food, she is pooping. should we leave her alone and not cuddle her for a few days or should we handle her.??

hi. we have an 8 wk old netherland dwarf called coco. she has been with us from wednesday afternoon, she is munching her hay ok but not doing much with her dried food, she is pooping. should we leave her alone and not cuddle her for a few days or should we handle her.??

I would talk to her, get her used to her voice but don't pick her up for now. I'm sure a head rub wouldn't make too much of a difference though. I find my buns usually spend a while exploring before they eat and drink.

when i got teddy when she was 9 weeks old, i kept her indoor with us for a while. to be honest i just constantly picked mine up from day one. ted is so lovely to pick up now she's older. one of a very few buns that doesn't mind being held and carried about. aslong as she's eating her hay up and her pooing is constant she should be fine. you could maybe give her some pro biotic in her water to help cut flora which she is no longer getting from her mother.

Back