• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

No Poops In 6hrs!!

rachylou

Warren Veteran
Hi I am really starting to get worried about Jims, he has not poop in AT LEAST 6 hrs!!
He is still eating and drinking but not pooping, what should I do?

i would say as long as he is eating just keep a very close eye on him and keep giving lots of food, if no poops by tomorrow see if you can get an appointment at the vets for a check up.. if you dont theres a good chance he may be heading to a complete stand still in the guts and that would then lead to a mad dash to an emergancy vets over the weekend..

im sending loads of poop vibes as a vets visit at the weekend really is the worst EVER!

You could try massaging his tummy to see if that helps get things moving. He may also be dehydrated so perhaps getting him to eat some veg soaked in water, or perhaps syringe feed some water with a tiny amount of fruit juice to make it sweeter which will encourage them to take it?

Thank you for your advise.
I have tried masaging his belly and he does feel quite bloated bless him.
I am going to give him a nice juicy wet carrot in a min see if that helps.
Trust me if there are no poops or very few he will be going straight to the vets in the morning!!

infacol or gripe water will help with wind if thats what it is :D but if he gets into pain he will stop eating :(..

please keep us updated, i like to have poop updates living with a stasis prone bunny myself.

We have pooooos!!!! :D:D He just sat in his potty for about 5 mins and low and behold we have a nice mound of fresh poops!!
Phew!!

hehehe that was fast..

wohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

now give him a bolloking for worrying you :lol::lol::lol:

lol yeah I have haha

I was jumping for joy when I saw the poos he must have thought 'My Mummy is crazy!':D :lol:
Bless him, he does look more comfy now, he is stretched out on our bed watching tv!

So your bun is a statis prone bun too?

yeah hes a real nightmare.. no clear trigger, no indications just a complete stop of eating all sudden. never a blockage and the last time it took 3 days of being hospitalized daily (they dont do overnight) and then a few more days of home treatment before he got moving again. once hes going again its like it never happened too :?

i now have a supply of metacam, meta something, gut stimulant lol, fibreplex and gripe water at home..

vet reakons just like humans its something alvin was born with, like a bunny ibs and his fiesty nature makes treatment even harder :roll: they decided home treatment was probably the way forward with him :oops::lol::lol::lol:

but when hes bad i 100% push for fluid injections as i cant get the right amount of fluids into him the way he fights arrrggghhhh lol

We have pooooos!!!! :D:D He just sat in his potty for about 5 mins and low and behold we have a nice mound of fresh poops!!
Phew!!

It's amazing how excited we get when we see poo's isn't it!! My foster bun had stasis a couple of weeks ago and I was sooo happy to see the poos start again! Glad he is ok now!! :):)

Fluid injections? Is that just water under the skin?
Yeah Jims has had statis I think about 5 times now and he is only just over a year old!
The last time, dont know if you have read any previous threads but there was no clear trigger at all, just all of a sudden stopped eating, stopped pooping, total statis! :shock:

yeah just fluid in the skin. theres no way id learn to do that for myself :shock::shock:

poor soul, sounds like hes more prone than alvin :( its horrible aint it.

i think they are just attention seekers you know :lol::lol: or junkies :shock:

Lol yeah.

We have been looking after my friends hamster the past week and Jimby really acts up when he is here lol

Stasis buns really are a pain aren't they, I've glad your wee man is feeling better now. My partner is always teasing me about how I get so excited when my stasis bunny eats or poos.:lol:

:lol: My hubby is exctly the same, I got soooo excited after a really bad bot og gi statis that when he pooped i actually cried tears of joy!
I always do a poop review and my hubby can not understand it :lol:

Back