• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some people are so cruel. Bunny needs some vibes. U/D48

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
Today someone came to our RSPCA and asked if we could take their rabbit. The answer was not no, but at the time there was no space, so the Deputy Manager needed to do some juggling. In the meantime she gave them the details of the rabbit rescue in the same town.

At the end of lunch time one of the receptionists came back to see the rabbit running around, free, at the end of the drive. They tried to catch it but it went into the wood. They have obviously set a humane trap but how very cruel for this poor bunny.

It breaks my heart to think of this bun out, overnight. Scared. Alone. Lost.

Can we have some vibes that it finds its way to the humane trap and can come to the centre and find a lovely home?

Last edited:
I don't think I can be shocked at the things people do anymore:cry: sending lots of vibes this bunny is caught xxx

I was just thinking that I have to go out later, maybe if I go and wait for a while with some appetising smells and a calm aura a people friendly bunny might come over (although a nervouse one wouldn't).

Is it worth a shot or am I just so desperate I'm suggesting something ridiculous?

I was just thinking that I have to go out later, maybe if I go and wait for a while with some appetising smells and a calm aura a people friendly bunny might come over (although a nervouse one wouldn't).

Is it worth a shot or am I just so desperate I'm suggesting something ridiculous?

You definitely don't sound ridiculous at all to me - I would try and do the same! Just be safe xx

great idea! :D good luck! :wave:

Definitely not ridiculous. If this bunny trusts humans more than the unknown outdoors there's a chance of you managing to get it to safety.

As for the people who turned it out, despicable.

what is wrong with some people :evil::evil::evil:

i would do the same as you and go and see if you can find the poor bunny.

xxx

I would be there with you if I were nearer, good luck if you do try:D

When next doors rabbit escaped and came through to our garden I put one of my old hutches out full of hay and my "rabbit" jacket inside (the one I wear in the shed and smells of all the buns) he found it irresistible and we soon caught him.

Right, I'm going to go shortly.

Carry case with hay, and also some pear, banana, pellets, oats, apple, etc. My m,um is having kittesn because its down two back lanes and in a wood but I have to try. Not sure how long I will stay for, but I'll give it a go.

May take a net too.

I'll update when I get back, but I would expect to not have a rabbit with me.

Right, I'm going to go shortly.

Carry case with hay, and also some pear, banana, pellets, oats, apple, etc. My m,um is having kittesn because its down two back lanes and in a wood but I have to try. Not sure how long I will stay for, but I'll give it a go.

May take a net too.

I'll update when I get back, but I would expect to not have a rabbit with me.

Is there anyone that can go with you? Take some soiled litter out of one of your rabbits trays, anything to give a scent of another bun (you'll probably end up with 50 wildies now):roll:

aww, fingers crossed you find bunny. I feel so sad for the little bunster...evil :censored:that just let it go....

:evil::censored::evil::censored:

Best of luck. Please let us know the outcome. The behaviour of the owner is disgraceful. I can't write on here what I would do to people like that, I would get banned from the forum.

Be careful - can someone help you? Whereabouts are you?

Urgh, I'm back and really angry at myself.

I took everything I said up there (the hay in the carry case was from previous uses and so smelt strongly of a trio of buns), I wore my stinkiest rabbit coat. I took a net too.

But what did I forget? A bl**dy f***ing torch! So I did my best.

It is down the end of a track off a back road. I set up the carry case, with some food scattered around it, and in it, and got back into my car to watch (I didn't feel safe watching out of my car), and waited until my eyes adjusted to the light. They didn't adjust much, but enough to see basic shapes around the carry case (doesn't help this bunny is black). Then the bl**dy car steamed up, and I didn't feel safe to open the windows or doors to unsteam and just sit there like a sitting target. This was when I realised I needed a torch.

I did, however, have my phone, which has a light on it, so I turned that on and walked down the lane, all relaxed an talking quietly to the bunny. Then my stupid a*se phone died, so then I didn't have a choice, I had to come home because it wasn't safe to be there without a phone.

I'm so angry at myself.

I failed this bun. I'm so, so sorry bunny. Please be ok.

Urgh, I'm back and really angry at myself.

I took everything I said up there (the hay in the carry case was from previous uses and so smelt strongly of a trio of buns), I wore my stinkiest rabbit coat. I took a net too.

But what did I forget? A bl**dy f***ing torch! So I did my best.

It is down the end of a track off a back road. I set up the carry case, with some food scattered around it, and in it, and got back into my car to watch (I didn't feel safe watching out of my car), and waited until my eyes adjusted to the light. They didn't adjust much, but enough to see basic shapes around the carry case (doesn't help this bunny is black). Then the bl**dy car steamed up, and I didn't feel safe to open the windows or doors to unsteam and just sit there like a sitting target. This was when I realised I needed a torch.

I did, however, have my phone, which has a light on it, so I turned that on and walked down the lane, all relaxed an talking quietly to the bunny. Then my stupid a*se phone died, so then I didn't have a choice, I had to come home because it wasn't safe to be there without a phone.

I'm so angry at myself.

I failed this bun. I'm so, so sorry bunny. Please be ok.
You tried your hardest hun, and I have to say you are braver than I would of been. Sending more vibes that the rabbit can be caught xx

It's at the RSPCA centre (was released right outside it), and they have set a humane trap and would hope they will keep an eye and have a go tomorrow.

Back