• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with un-handable buns!

GBNI

Warren Scout
Don't give up hope! It has only taken a year, but finally I can handle my Adrian who was a real scatterbrain before hand! He used to run away and occassionally would even have lunged at me but npow he comes over for cuddles and sits up to get nose rubs and enjoys getting brushed!

It was a long, difficult road but definitely worth it in the end :D

What a lovely post. I've been very fortunate with my buns, a couple are a bit timid but not unhandable ones as such. I'm sure those that have will appreciate this though. Glad you got there in the end, patience is a virtue as they say. :)

yes my clover really doesnt like me to handle her she will first run then when i go again she will nip and kind of grwol but its not a nasty nip more of a i really dont like this mum so please dont, then she will also sometimes wave her front paws at me :roll: ive had her prob 3 months now and have only been able to get her picked up a handful of times and have the scratches to prove it :shock: but i wont give up i use a cat box to move her if she really wont let me but one day i will get there. i did wonder about bringing her in the house for a day to have like some bonding time but not sure

Don't give up hope! It has only taken a year, but finally I can handle my Adrian who was a real scatterbrain before hand! He used to run away and occassionally would even have lunged at me but npow he comes over for cuddles and sits up to get nose rubs and enjoys getting brushed!

It was a long, difficult road but definitely worth it in the end :D

Great story, how did you do it?

Thanks for this. My pretty boys fall into the unhandlable category and it's nice to know they may not always be this way :wave:.

Coco can be pretty unhandable. She used to be absolutely awful, running away all the time, kicking and scratching whenever I went for a cuddle. I still have scars.
I've had her and Miss for about 10 months now and she's getting alot better! I even managed to cuddle with her inside my dressing gown for half an hour the other day :love: She'll also come up for treats and clamber all over me.
It's been a painful and sore road, and I still get the occasional kick, but she's turning out to be a real sweetheart.

Great story, how did you do it?

Sorry, just got back on to read this thread :)

It was just a case of spending as much time with him as possible and gaining his trust and gonig very slowly. If he got too scared I gave him a break and then tried again, I never pushed him too far. Some tasty food on hand when he's a good boy always helps too :lol:

Back