• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone recommend a good set of bunny scales?

Amy104

Warren Veteran
As cheap as poss please - some of mine are too light to register on my normal scales.

Thank You. :D

What about digital kitchen scales?
Asda do one for £10, but that's just from looking on the web.

Thanks. I'm gonna try some kitchen scales and see how I get on with that. If its no good gonna get the baby ones as they look ideal.

I'm looking into scales too so this is handy :) I assumed digital scales would be fine so long as they measured in small enough increments (eg, 10g).

A related question: how do you get the rabbit to stay on the scales long enough to read the weight....??!!

I'm looking into scales too so this is handy :) I assumed digital scales would be fine so long as they measured in small enough increments (eg, 10g).

A related question: how do you get the rabbit to stay on the scales long enough to read the weight....??!!

I put Snowdrop in a saucepan! Completly innapropriate I know but it does the job for weighing her. Would give the neighbours a fright though if they looked through the window and saw me with a live rabbit in a pot!

Hilarious :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll give that a go and if anyone spots me I'll say some woman on a rabbit forum recommended the recipe...

:lol: at the rabbit in the pot!

I'm looking for something too, as I weigh my piggies in a cardboard box precariously balanced on my kitchen scales. Wow those baby ones are quite expensive though. :shock:

I put my buns in a lasagne dish with a tiny bit of basil or similar to keep them occupied while I read their weight.

As Snowberry mentioned, it can upset people who don't know what you're doing!

I got digital baby scales from ebay too - I kept bidding until I won them at a good price; I think they were just over £20 in the end.

Jane, how much does yours weigh up to? Argos do one that weights up to 3kg but was thinking about Captain Carrot....

Back