• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should i get Lyric insured?

Might be worth ringing them. I would always insure my buns (except for Bea cause she is a foster). The lady I spoke to when I lost Ollie and claimed was absolutely lovely.
I have Blue down as a frenchie....even though he is a Frenchiex

I would insure her (I would insure any bun to be on safe side). I put Daisy down as British Giant as they didn't have conti listed on website, and when I told them about it they said it would be updated straight away as they have conti listed on their database if you buy over the phone - that was about 6 months ago :lol:

I read somewhere that giants can have more problems with their joints due to them being bigger, heavier animals without correspondingly stronger bones. I can't remember where I read this or anything else about it so it could easily not be true. ;)

Personally I get all my animals insured now as you just never knows what's around the corner - look at Liz's bun who fell over and needed an amputation costing £500....you only need a couple of buns to do stuff like that and then you're in a pickle. (If you have finances like mine, anyway!)

I read somewhere that giants can have more problems with their joints due to them being bigger, heavier animals without correspondingly stronger bones. I can't remember where I read this or anything else about it so it could easily not be true. ;)

Personally I get all my animals insured now as you just never knows what's around the corner - look at Liz's bun who fell over and needed an amputation costing £500....you only need a couple of buns to do stuff like that and then you're in a pickle. (If you have finances like mine, anyway!)

Ive had bills of £500,£200 in the space of a few weeks for rabbits i just have to find the money from somewhere!!!!!

ahh you see I would have nowhere to find the money from :) In a way it annoys me to pay out for insurance every month but it's worth it to know I can always get them the treatment they need.

ahh you see I would have nowhere to find the money from :) In a way it annoys me to pay out for insurance every month but it's worth it to know I can always get them the treatment they need.

Ive done overtime at work etc,to pay for it,My rabbits have always had whatever treatment they needed:)

i would..

my vet (who missed an enlarged heart so his opinion probably dont count :evil:, not that im bitter or anything) said that giants are prone to arthritis (sp) when they get older when i expressed an interest in getting one in the future.

petplan apparently cover for life too, so anything like arthritis would be paid for as long as your bunny lived. im about to find out if its true tho with pearls heart stuff....

How much is it?

shes still on 9.41 a month and 50 excess. but in jan itll go to about 10.50 (like alvins) and 55 excess i think.

im fairly certain premiums only increase yearly to keep up with vets raising prices and not because ive claimed.

Back