• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Our Two Pairs

CHH

Warren Scout
Now that it's dark by 7pm and they'll be coming in at night soon anyway I thought it was a good time to try and get all four buns under the one roof. So I took a handful of brave pills this morning and chucked them all in the dog cage.

Much to my surprise there hasn't been so much as a dirty look!

Here are some pics........

DSCN2208%20(Small).JPG

DSCN2220%20(Small).JPG

DSCN2206%20(Small).JPG

DSCN2195%20(Small).JPG

This one is my favourite picture though. Sooty and Sophie are sisters and they have always been the root of the problem. This pic shows Sophie licking Sooty's ear.........

DSCN2210%20(Small).JPG

There's a long way to go but it's a good start. They better get used to the cage as they'll be in there for a while!

P.S. - The radiator is turned off ;)

You must be so happy!

I wish my four bunnies could go together as well. But I´ll start by bonding Gizmo and Fluffie. Diezel and Daisy are already bonded and very happy together. :)

You must be so happy!

We've been here before so I'm not taking anything for granted. They lasted about a week last time but then Smudge had to have an overnight trip to the vet and it all went badly wrong when he got back.

He's the boss :D

We've been here before so I'm not taking anything for granted. They lasted about a week last time but then Smudge had to have an overnight trip to the vet and it all went badly wrong when he got back.

He's the boss :D

All fingers crossed for a better result this time then! ;)

Two days in and it's still going pretty well. We've given them a small area, about double the size of their dog cage, where they can go while we clean out the cage. It doesn't take long to get smelly with four bunny's in there :shock: The area they have is right beside the cage so they're not being moved around unnecessarily.

Here they are having a wee something to keep them occupied while we clean them out........

DSCN2243%20(Small).JPG

They are beautiful and look so happy together already! They seem really chilled in each other's company!

They've now got the run of the lounge so at least they're not cooped up any more.

This pic isn't very good as there's so much background light, but you can clearly see where they'd rather be :lol:.........

DSCN2286%20(Small).JPG

Aww they all look so lovely together :love:

Hope the bonding continues to go well, I love the pic of them eating, they look very organised!

That's 8 days they've been in the house now. They have the run of the whole ground floor and there's been no problem. Because I have an allergy to their hay my poor nose is running like a tap! It's therefore time to get them into the conservatory.

I'm looking for a bit of advice here. Should we keep them in the dog cage for a day or two in there or are they likely to be ok when they go through there? I don't want to set them back but we have to get them out of the house because of my nose!

Back