• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not really sure where to post this so sorry mods if its in the wrong place

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
i did some videos of Pearl today, not the cute awww look how lovely she is vids (hence the not knowing where to post lol)

i just want opinions from people with heart trouble buns to tell me if she looks like shes doing ok right now. the vet was really please with her a month ago, but as ive said on my other thread im struggling with it all right now and i dont even know how advanced her illness actually is without experience in bunnies :oops::oops:

and finally this one is because Alvin let me stroke him :shock::shock::shock:

thanks for looking, and if you think i need to get her back to the vets please speak up i wont be offended i promise :D

this was her a few weeks ago, about day 2 or 3 on the drugs, i think she has improved from this

She looks as though she's doing much better :)

i have hoped she is, but i think seeing her each day its harder to tell.. every little snort fear runs up my spine but they are now so much less than they was before the drugs. shes deffo my heart bun, i dont think i can love another soul like i love her :oops::oops:

I don't know anything about heart problems but I agree she looks much better now than she did. Her breathing looks far less laboured.

I LOVE the second video where they are coming to see you, and then the third one with all the loving :D

i have hoped she is, but i think seeing her each day its harder to tell.. every little snort fear runs up my spine but they are now so much less than they was before the drugs. shes deffo my heart bun, i dont think i can love another soul like i love her :oops::oops:

She certainly looks as though she is 'feeling' well within herself. I always think that is the most important thing. Pearl does not know that she has a poorly heart and so she wont have any anxities about the future. Unfortunately worrying about a Bun with a heart condition is our job :cry:

I don't know anything about heart disease either...but in the first vids you posted I wouldn't even know she was poorly, whereas in the next one she looks really awkward and uncomfortable. So presumably she's doing better :)

I've not seen a Pearl video before, she's so lovely :love:

She does look better :D
My old bun Lovage had a heart condition and lived on meds for a few years. They helped her massively and she had a good life :wave:

thankyou for looking.. i feel loads better now :D:D:D:D:D

i asked ste if he minded going to scotland on his own at xmas if the vet dont want pearl travelling when she gets her december checkup.. no trouble at all he said he wouldnt expect us to travel if shes really poorly when the time comes. :love::love:

i was expecting a right strop but nope he dont mind at all :love::love:

I'm not an expert either. I just wanted to say that Pearl looks like a fluffy marshmallow and Alvin like a little teddy bear. :D Both your bunnies are extremely cute :love::love::love: and well looked after.

I think that Pearl looks heaps better now than before in that early video where she had to keep her head high all the time.
I loved the video where Alvin lets you give him a nice "skin massage"!
Pearl looks much more "comfortable now."

I can definitely see the difference. I'm still new with caring for a bun with a heart problem. Twitch only started his heart meds on Tues. He's still sneezing quite often though. Did Pearl sneeze alot in the beginning?

We've just finished the last of a 10 course of Septrin as this started as treatment for snuffles. But there hasn't been any nasal discharge at all, so I'm not sure the sneezing is from that. I've even started to wonder if it is actually a 'snort' or a cough - maybe I need to see a video to be able to tell the difference :lol:

So glad though the meds are working for Pearl. She is absolutely gorgeous!

i was expecting a right strop but nope he dont mind at all

Just goes to show how in tune to you he is. He clearly knows how important this is to you and is doing his best to help in his own little way. I expect he feels the same as you right now, trouble is men wont admit it so they make you think you have to deal with this on your own.

I can definitely see the difference. I'm still new with caring for a bun with a heart problem. Twitch only started his heart meds on Tues. He's still sneezing quite often though. Did Pearl sneeze alot in the beginning?

We've just finished the last of a 10 course of Septrin as this started as treatment for snuffles. But there hasn't been any nasal discharge at all, so I'm not sure the sneezing is from that. I've even started to wonder if it is actually a 'snort' or a cough - maybe I need to see a video to be able to tell the difference :lol:

So glad though the meds are working for Pearl. She is absolutely gorgeous!

it was like a sneeze/snort really hard to describe and it was very often which is why i was so worried fast breathing alone i probably would have not gone to the vets about, but as time went on it started to be a full body snort aswell which thankfully the new vet witnessed. she still has mini snorts, like shes got snot but theres none there, i think that must be a small amount of fluid, i have been warned that when her heart deterioates she will need diruetics too to clear the build up of fluids around the lungs

shes been on fortekor (sp) for about 5 weeks now and shes almost back to being Pearl again :). she plays and binkies eats loads etc and sometimes itll catch up with her and she needs a rest but as people have said unless i told you its hard to tell shes poorly now.

shes also still on bisolvon, i think the vet wants to wean her off that but for now its helping by opening the airways

i hope the drugs work for your bunny just as well too and as i was told 4-7 days before a difference is seen, with pearl it was about 13 days

I've only the experience of the "heart" buns at the rescue, but she sounds and looks to be doing really well - there is a marked change in her from the video of a few weeks ago.
Like Jane said, she won't be aware that she has this problem, so in her head as long as she has you guys and her husbun, all is right in her world!

im so happy today, i know shes not better but i feel better knowing that other opinions are shes not suffering, im not missing something vital and we dont need to go back to the vets just yet :D

i keep watching the videos and i cant beleive how different she actually is, its been going on since July and i KNEW she wasnt right that very first day i rushed her to the vets. i really thought i had a great exotics vet, but even with the training in exotics if the love isnt there for rabbits enlarged hearts get missed really easily :cry::cry:

Back