• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much roughly?

I am not charged but I *think* much would depend on how many tissue samples were sent off. The Vet would charge for the Lab fees ontop of the 'basic PM' done at the Surgery.

:cry:

I think I have been seriously undercharged somewhere, and PM was the one thing where I am unsure of the cost so just thought I would ask. Cannot for the life of me remember how much Finn's was, but then he was rat so I am not sure if that would be the same anyways. Samples have been taken and sent to the lab, I was just expecting the actual PM done at the surgery alone to be about £80 or something. I don't receive a breakdown of my bill so am just imagining the breakdown going on what I have paid in the past for certain things and trying to work out what is missing from my bill

I was going to question it but my brother was like no keep quiet so I didn't say anything at the time :oops:

It depends what they do. If it's just a visual exam its much less than if they send samples to the lab.

I think I have been seriously undercharged somewhere, and PM was the one thing where I am unsure of the cost so just thought I would ask. Cannot for the life of me remember how much Finn's was, but then he was rat so I am not sure if that would be the same anyways. Samples have been taken and sent to the lab, I was just expecting the actual PM done at the surgery alone to be about £80 or something. I don't receive a breakdown of my bill so am just imagining the breakdown going on what I have paid in the past for certain things and trying to work out what is missing from my bill

I was going to question it but my brother was like no keep quiet so I didn't say anything at the time :oops:

may not be a mistake hun, i didnt get charged for my cats pm. the vet somehow did it on the insurance and i wasnt charged a penny. admittedly he was already opened up and the vet had never seen a cat with Georges condition so wanted a pm done himself rather than me requesting it.

I pay £30 for a basic PM done in the surgery, without anything being sent off for analysis. I know it can cost up to £200 for the whole animal to be sent to the lab and completely analysed but I have no idea about prices for sending indiviual samples off sorry

I might ask my vet next week, just say I didn't see a breakdown and want to know out of interest how much the PM was. They might not have charged me for the emergency appointment with Buu I guess

I had a PM done on Milly last week and didn't pay anything... I think it depends on your vet, I think mine wanted to know what had happened to her as much as I did.

Back