• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

may need to rehome my buns :) update

jenny s

Mama Doe
since my hubby left at the end of aug ive been struggling really bad. i applied for help paying the rent and today have found out i will get £13 a week :shock: i really dont think i can stay here as i cant afford it, i pay £495 for a tiny 2 bed house which is the cheapest round here

spoke to the council housing and they would put me and tif in a hostal so my dogs will have to be rehomed too.

why is it when youve worked all your life you get no help what so ever but sit on your bum you get everything.

so it looks like i will have to rehome them but where do you start when it comes to 3 giant buns:cry::cry: why cant my life get better im sick of the rubbish that gets thrown at me all the time:cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for what you are going through.

Have you been to the CAB? They will knwo exactly what you are entitled to and hopefully find some more benefits for you to get.

Could someone foster your animals for you for a while? To give you some time to work out what's going on and find your feet a bit?

Oh no, I'm so sorry :( Have you tried going to CAB for debt/financial advice? Maybe some other option could be available.

Hugs.

thanks guys

spoke to cab and they say the council are right, and that was the only benefit i can get due to my income which isnt great when your a single mm with giant buns :) who eat you out of house and home.

ive had my tax credits upped too by a whopping 68p once all the bills are paid ive got no money for any food shoping for me and tif.

if only my hubby could sort his head out and realise what we had was worth saving all would be ok, he is having a midlife crisis and has depression

What a hard situaion for you all. I'm sorry for what you're all going through. As harsh as this may sound, your hubby may be ill (and before anyone jumps on me, I suffer various mental health problems), he still has responsibilities to his daughter, at the very least. Is he able to financially offer some support?

i wont jump on you dont worry, i still love my hubby very much and he feels the same but cant live with us anymore. he has a lot of guilt about setting up his own business before the reccesion which has led us to loosing the house, he also failed his fireman training due to a back injury and loads of other stuff. he felt by walking out would be better for me so i could get on with my life with someelse who wasnt a failiure(his words) he just doesnt realise that we could get through this together,

hubby isnt working much and has his flat to pay for too. im sure he is ill but trying to tell him that isnt getting any where. he really needs to get help but wont.

the animals are my life at the moment and to loose them will be really hard for me and tif, i have no one who could have them short term for me

To be honest, a lot of men do this! It's a man thing as their brain cell can't cope. Give him a little time and he may well want to sort things out hun. I really hoe so anyway.

I think trying to get someone to foster your buns for a bit and then you can have them back when you have got yourself sorted.

Good luck hun xx

It might be worth posting and asking for a foster carer for an unknown length of time. You never know, but someone may be able to help. That would mean hopefully with some time you could have them back, which might offer some hope at this dark time.

Oh hun :( Im so sorry. Sorry i havent been in touch in a while either :( If you do have to rehome the bunnies, i would try and rehome them through RIN on here, Tree will lst it for you if you PM her. Theres lots of people on here who have giants, and would know how to care for them properly. If you need any homechecks doing for them this way on, im more than happy to help, infact if you need any help at all, give me a shout. Big hugs for you. Things will get better. xXx

you are having a horrible time. the end of a marriage is awful, and you've had so much more to put up with as well. i'm sorry you might lose your pets. i will pray for you. ((())) hold on. this too will pass.

You poor thing, I can't even begin to imagine what you must be feeling. I would absolutely love to help you but I haven't enough space for three giants, as much as I would love to take them on until you could get yourself sorted. I've got everything crossed that somebody with a bit more space can step in and help. Thinking of you x

Hi

I'm so sorry to hear this. You could consider having a word with your local rescue and seeing if you could come to an agreement. I would help you out, but I'm a bit far away and also have a lot of my own to manage.

Perhaps first, think about how you could save money. They need food, but how about swapping to something slightly cheaper, and substituting through negotiating free veg from the local market? and as for bedding, I get mine from a company - I use shredded paper. And I buy hay by the bale - it's so much cheaper.

If you sit down with a pen and paper and have a think, you might be able to sort something out.

Chin up!

Sending you vibes and {{{{{{{{{{big hug}}}}}}}}}}}}

Debbie

just to update you all, the buns are staying couldnt bear parting with them anyway :wave:

ive got rid of the sky saving £20 ish a month which will buy the dry food, spoke to my daughters school kitchen and a friends school kitchen and they are saving me there greens :) also the veg man at the market is saving me stuff too.

What a great bunny Mummy you are! Am so pleased for both you and the buns.
I hope your husband sees sense but at least you have your precious bunnies with you. :)

Back