• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best time for myxi jabs

Angie65

Wise Old Thumper
I was doing April - & now they are gonna be 6mthly it will be Apr/Oct. But that's at the wrong time for the Sept myxi season.

So is early March/late Aug better? And as I had the group re-done in June when Spice died, do I need to redo in Dec & then spring?:?

My vet always told me May was the best month for the september season :?

But then they will be at 5months? :? I don't think they know. Spice was at 5weeks, & Alistair & Suki were at 4.5months. Also if Suki recovers when do I revaccinate her? Or is she immune?:?

I get mine done Late July and Late January, which happened by accident but seems to cover them at the worst times for myxi.

But then they will be at 5months? :? I don't think they know. Spice was at 5weeks, & Alistair & Suki were at 4.5months. Also if Suki recovers when do I revaccinate her? Or is she immune?:?

They will be at 4 months in september.

Mine are currently done June and December :)

Oreo had his first one today so his next is in April - didnt know there was a good time :?

Sooty is June and December

So many bunnies getting it at the mo :cry:

Talking to the vet yesterday she said they are seeing cases almost all year round now so heaven alone knows what time of year is best for jabs :?

She put it down to the weather being warmer all year round.

I think Sept is still the worst (depending on the changing weather) so I am doing beginning August and beg. Feb if I can. With some I will have to 'shuffle' them to ensure that they get these dates in future by giving them 3 times this year.

:shock: Amber had hers end of Sept (was due first week of Oct) and due again March. I didn't know there were 'seasons' for Myxi:shock:

Back