• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

protection against myxi

teresateddyb

Warren Scout
as there is so much myxi about at the mo thought i would start a thread about what protection we all do to help against so others can benefit obviously theres the myxi jab i also use shower curtains to cover my hutches of a night and clean the hutches every few days any other sugestions

teresa

My buns are indoors. I have mossie nets over the (always open) windows. I have fly strips up, & I use animal friendly fly spray. I vaccinate annually - although that will be 6mthly from now on. I've still lost 2 & have one fighting this year. I'm at a complete loss what else I can do. Or even when is best to vaccinate, cos it's all been pointless.

Firstly my heart goes out to all those whose buns have or have had myxi.
I'm very worried by the current problems. We have increased vaccination frequency from annually to 6 monthly, but still have far too many outbreaks.
I'm deeply concerned that either the current myxi vaccine is less effective, the virus has mutated to a more virulent form, or it is being transmitted differently. I wish someone would do some good research into it.

Back