• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bun funds mounting!! do you save???

lildebs

Mama Doe
When I first got Bella in April this yr I wasn't sure about pet insurance as they seemed a bit picky so I decided to start saving all my silver coins...well I counted them last night and have £87!:p
This is my emergency funds to help contirbute towards any fees ...general fees for vacs n stuff I pay out of my pocket but this is a lil extra:D

Well done! We have a coin pot but I'm normally taking out of it instead of putting in.:lol:
Do you have any form of pet insurance? I was of the same opinion to begin with and within 6 months we'd paid out over £1000 following a bladder infection (and subsequent ultrasounds/blood tests etc). Funnily enough we got insurance soon after. You might be lucky but it's something to consider. I reckon we've spent about £3000 over the 3 years (worth every penny) and most of it has been refunded through the insurance. Some buns live healthy lives for over 10 years. But some buns, no matter how expert the carer, are just naturally quite sickly and require expensive treatment in the constant hope they'll live forever.

That's a really good idea. We have a bottle that we put all our loose change in.....I think I shall name it the 'Bramble Bunny Fund Bottle'!

i paid up for petplan this week. matthew and tabitha are two years old, and looking as healthy as ever, but i thought i'd chanced it far enough! the idea that i might have to have them pts if i ran out of money....

Thumper has his own building soc. account! cos. insurers don't cover dentals & stasis caused by dental probs. I think he's currently got more than me :shock:
Quite a struggle keeping it topped up at times.

Saving change and stuff is actually a really good idea! I should start something like that...
At the moment my personal savings are pretty much reserved for the animals/emergencies. It's at about £950 at the moment, I try to put £50 in every month but that doesn't always work out and it usually ends up less :lol:
I do wonder about getting pet insurance but I don't know whether it's worth it since so far *fingers crossed* all my kids have been pretty healthy.

I haven't got any pet insurance...ummm:roll: any recommendations?? but now I have adopted I better change my plans from coins to notes :lol:...so far so good with their health though...hope it stays that way too!

We did a similar thing to save up for their bigger run. I just got a little box, cut a slit in the top and buy putting in fivers and two pound coins whenever we got them, we raised enough within about 6 weeks!

We did a similar thing to save up for their bigger run. I just got a little box, cut a slit in the top and buy putting in fivers and two pound coins whenever we got them, we raised enough within about 6 weeks!

Sorry a bit of topic,

Helen is the new run for the girls? if it pleeeeeeeeeeeeease can we have some new pictures of them.

Sorry a bit of topic,

Helen is the new run for the girls? if it pleeeeeeeeeeeeease can we have some new pictures of them.

Hello Tracy :wave:

Yes it is - I posted it a few days/week ago in Stories and Photos - here is a link to it:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=198936

You cant see the whole of the run as it has a covered area at one end but they are much happier in it. The top folds right back but it doesnt have any fasteners so we are planning to screw some bolts on but for now we have to weigh it down so no naughty foxes can get in!! Hence all the things resting on the top! :)

Helen x

Back