• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Frankie's gone missing update post 12!!

Hi Guys,

Frankie was free range in the garden yesterday afternoon as normal. I went to see him and he wasn't there. Freya was in her run but no sign of frankie. I knocked on next door and few more houses but no sign of him. How can a huge french lop just disapear? Which websites are the best for advertising a missing bunny? Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I wouldn't know where to start. I'm hoping with all my might that you find him or that he returns very quickly of his own free will.

I'm sorry you are going through this.

I would suggest putting posters up everywhere around, with a pictures, a description, etc, and also post them through all the doors in yoru neighbourhood. Also take the posters to all the vets that are remotely in the area as well as the super close ones, try the RSPCA, and any other rescues nearby. You can try advertising in the paper and things like that too.

I don't know about websites though.

Call all the local vets to see if he's been taken there and make some posters up around your area.

Really hope you find him

i lost one of my rabbits last year in july(snowy) i have to say dont give up looking while i dont have her back (yet) i do know the name(though not where) of the person that found her and had her for past year (sadly she wont give her me back and have rehomed her to someone else locally) i am still trying to trace her and get her back but its difficult...never lose hope. also on my mission to find her i found at least 3 other people who had positive stories of having their beloved pets returned unscathed.

things to do:
put posters up local shops and local areas,
flyers through doors
offer a reward
net my pet(online)
national lost pet register (online)
phone a local radio station virgin(as it was called then) did a shout out asking if anyone had seen snowy when she went, for me.
talk to local papers they will put an advert in with a picture too if you supply it.
dont be dejected go out at dawn and dusk and check for him under cars, bushes local parks etc etc and ask lcoal children (who are more likely to notice a large bunny hopping around)
check people sheds if possible and ask neghbours to leave out water and a small bowl of bunny food,
try leaving a carrier as shelter(or hutch door open) and an easy access route back into garden where possible,
i hate to say it but inform the police in case he has been stolen too
ring around local vets and i mean all the local vets say 30 mins drive away so they can put poster up and be on the look out
ring the rspca and pdsa(if one locally) as often if someone finds an animal they will try there. also they will put for two weeks onto a national lost pet database
dont be afraid to keep phoning back places to make sure if they know or have heard anything,
put onto rabbit rehome
phone all local small animal rescues where someone may think to phone or take bunny
also contactlocal schools and ask to have posters put up there too,
local pet shops are a good place to put a picture and a description and lost poster and speak to pets at home who do take in "abandoned" pets as well
fingers crossed you find him.
also put a lost poster on free ads such as gumtree, freeads, preloved, friday ads, the sun local etc etc

if i can be of help let me know.
best of luck xx

Oh no. :( Do you know how he could have got out or is there a chance somebody took him? Have a good look around the garden again - he should be easier to find, being that much bigger than the average bun, but they can squeeze themselves into places that you'd never imagine they'd fit into. I hope you find him soon. xxx

Woohooooooooooooooo My father in law just came round and had a look in the garden then spotted him in the garden opposite trapped near the fence. I'm sooooooooooo happy we got him and he's not hurt in anyway. I've put him in his hutch today with lots of food and water. He'll be getting lots of TLC. I cant believe he's been out all night. We've got to work out how he got out now and block it off. Thanks everyone for your posts.:D:D

Oh I'm so glad you have found him, it's awful when you can't find them.

Norty Frankie don't do that again to your Mummy:no:

(I'm not far away from you I'm at Clifton, Preston.)

Back