• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your bunny get jealous? and bonding help

kaths101

Warren Veteran
I have had sooty since she was 4 weeks old and she has always been a house bun, a month ago we got her a boyfriend who lives in a NIC cube cage, they cant go together as he hasnt been neutered yet..

Whenever i talk to Oreo throught the cage and rub his nose, sooty always seems to come and wedge herself between us and wants all the attention :oops: - she also starts nipping his nose :(

Is all this hindering their bonding?? Sometimes they do lick each other aswell but it just seems when im around sooty gets possessive :?

The fact they are nipping throught the bars - is that a bad sign for the bonding aswell?? I dont want them to fight :cry:

My Sky is a very jealous bunny and its sad that he is unhappy with the fact I have so many other buns.

He is pretty unbondable by me because as far as he is concerned, I am his friend, and he doesn't want a bunny friend, he only wants me. My suggestion might be to see if someone can do your bonding for you because that might give it more chance of being successful.

The nipping is a normal part of bunny communication, so hopefully its not damaging to the bonding, however, it could be that it might cause problems, although that will be unknown until they actually start to bond.

My offer of help still stands :wave: I wouldn't worry about a bit of nipping through bars as Sky-O says it may mean nothing when they are put together properly.

Both mine can get quite jealous of each other. However Ogs is the worse, bless his little socks!

The nipping - Oggie used to try and nip Delila before they were bonded. But they love each other now :)

My offer of help still stands :wave: I wouldn't worry about a bit of nipping through bars as Sky-O says it may mean nothing when they are put together properly.

:wave: thankyou - I may well take you up on it but cant do anything until he (if it is a he) is neutered.. I dont think my nerves can stand it

Back