• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vet Bed?

helgalush

Wise Old Thumper
Hi, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but, having seen another thread about bunnies eating vet bed I am now worried!

Star was a little off-colour earlier and I thought she was suffering a bit from the cold. So I went to P@H to get something to keep them warm - no Snuggle Safes in stock so I thought maybe a piece of Vet Bed on the floor of their sleeping compartment with masses of straw on top would be all snuggly for them.

Is it common for bunnies to eat it? I am just worrying as am going to leave it in there overnight for them, but dont want them to get ill from eating it.

Does anyone else use it for outside buns to sleep on?

Thanks
Helen

I have no idea...is this the stuff you can warm up and it stays warm for up to 10 hrs???

Ive never had a bunny here whos eaten it. Ronnie and Lola have it in their shed and have never tried to eat it :) Hope this helps xxxx

Thank you thats very reassuring.

Yvette - the vet bed I bought is just a piece of soft and fluffy material. I think you are thinking of a Snuggle Safe - I tried to get one but they didnt have them in stock yet. I think my outdoor bunnies will love one of those each when I can get one - not sure what they are made of.

Helen

Vetbed can cause blockages so should be removed if the bun eats it.
I am currently looking for something to replace Tippex Porkychicken's vetbed as she has developed a taste for it xx

I bought my snuggle safe from P@H 3wks ago..think they're new stock with winter approaching..I paid £20 and you can buy them online just google it...never tried vet bed before though

Oh brilliant, thanks so much for the info. I checked today and I think with the masses of straw in there they didnt even know the vet bed was there. I will keep an eye on it though, as I would hate them to eat it by mistake.

Will order a snuggle safe now.

They are happy the sun is shining here today anyway! A bit warmer for them.

Oh gosh :shock::( I dont want that.

I will order a snuggle safe definitely

I gave them those little straw mats covered with lots of straw to begin with. Went down the next day and they had pretty much disappeared!

Rather be safe than sorry

Back