• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes needed please - double worry update - post 17

Hunnybunny2007

Warren Veteran
Harry is going for his castration tomorrow, which is a worry on it's own, but Chester is going for a check up too, his snuffles are back, and I think the side of his face is swollen:cry: I can't feel a lump, but things aren't looking good for him:cry:

Last edited:
Todays the day:cry: They've both just had breakfast, without a care in the world, it's me that feels sick with worry:(

Last edited:
Harry's back home and it's the first time I've had a bunny get straight out his carrier and go to the food dish:shock: Needless to say, he's eating, drinking and pooing:D He says thank you for the vibes and for caring about him.

Chesters update:

Hello everyone, thank you for the vibes, I'll let my mummy explain what the vet said as I was too busy cuddling mummy cos she looked worried.

Chester has got a lump in his mouth, Rachel found it about 3 weeks ago when he had his last check up, I had to decide whether to allow her to do a biopsy or let nature take it's course, Chester had only had a GA a month earlier when he was castrated at the rescue, so I made the decision to leave him while he was happy and eating etc. Yesterday his eye was a bit weepy and he seemed a bit wheezy, I also thought his face was swollen. However, the good news, he still has a lump but it has reduced in size, so it looks like it's connected to his snuffles. He has two other lumps just above his ears, which look like walled off abscesses, again while they are not bothering him I've decided to leave them alone. He's on a higher dose of baytril, ear drops and eye drops and will be reassessed in two weeks time.

He has lost a little weight, but he is more active than when he first came, his back legs were very weak, he's now strong enough to have the shelf in his crate, which he decided to jump off the other day:roll:

I've always known since Chester arrived he was poorly and anytime we have would have to be special, he's such a loving old boy (we think he's about 7), he comes and sits by me or Jon and nudges us for cuddles, he would sit all day and be fussed, so I hope we have made the right decision for him.

So pleased Harry is doing well Sue :)

Lots more vibes for Chester - of course you have made the right decision for him. He must think all his birthday's have come at once, poorly or not :) Sending him an extra special cuddle xxx

Back