• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help vet bed being eaten

After some advice, had our 2 girls spayed today. They are home and ok,

we have put them on vet bed, but tilly is hell bent on tearing it to shreds, shes taking chunks out im not sure if shes actually ingesting it. Will this do her any harm?. Her sister is spread across it, and seems to really like it, what should i do?.

I'd remove it if she's eating it
Can you use shredded paper instead ?

We have like a heavy duty carpet in their cage, it is quite rough though, we put the vet bed over the top of it, Tilly seems to hate it, would they be ok on just carpet?. Cant believe Til doesnt like it:roll:, im so worried about their wounds and them catching them.

i looked at vetbed at the weekend, and thought if i had it i'd have to put a pillowcase over it, to stop tabby thinking it was dinner

I find my too dig at the vet bed and the vet nurse I asked said it was too fluffy for the wounds, mine are ok with towels though - how about spreading out some old towels to lie on?

..I also used an old duvet and lay it folded neatly over the whole floor as a base and instead of shaving...then towels in their bed area...easy to change and replace...the rough carpet may rub and aggravate the wounds and make them uncomfortable...hope this helps:)

Back