• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bun is thick!

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
I let him out in the pouring rain cos I know he likes to use a certain area of the garden for his poos, but so he ran for it but when I went to see if he'd gone back in the relative warmth of the playhouse - he hadn't, he was sat behind the low wall and dripping wet! I ushered him in to the playhouse and he went in - why didn't he go of his own accord???! Stupid rabbit! :lol:

Maybe he thought you needed the exercise? Or he was out in the rain and he wanted to see you outside getting wet as well :lol:

I have a theory about rabbits and rain. We have hundreds of wildies here, and they much prefer rainy days to sunny or grey ones. I think it's probably because they feel safer, with preditors less likely to be about.

I have a theory about rabbits and rain. We have hundreds of wildies here, and they much prefer rainy days to sunny or grey ones. I think it's probably because they feel safer, with preditors less likely to be about.

I agree with your observation Hoppit. I've also noticed my bun won't take shelter when outside in the rain. I felt that although there were fewer predators, he also felt at high risk cos the rain beating on a hutch or tarpaulin would prevent him from hearing anything desperate enough to brave the weather for a bunny meal. - Not stupid - instinct keeping them alive!!:D:D

Yep...my bun is stupid too...she is sat in the middle of the lawn in the hammering rain...she is soaking!!!:roll:

Yep...my bun is stupid too...she is sat in the middle of the lawn in the hammering rain...she is soaking!!!:roll:

Read my post and thumps' Doddy! She's not thick - she's a genious and is probably planning her world domination right now! :lol:

My buns must be the stupid ones then - at the first sign of rain, they both went running back into their aviary. :lol::lol:

Having read the theories as to why they sit in the rain, I would like to retract my comment about my bun being stupid!!

I am the stupid one for thinking she was stoopid!!!!!!!!

PLease accept my apology angelica!!!!

Having read the theories as to why they sit in the rain, I would like to retract my comment about my bun being stupid!!

I am the stupid one for thinking she was stoopid!!!!!!!!

PLease accept my apology angelica!!!!

Bless you!! Truth be told if I gave Thumper 10p for every time I thought he was stupid or being "difficult" he'd be a very wealthy bunny by now. It took me 2 years of a lot of thinking to even begin to understand His viewpoint of the world. I join you in being the "stupid one".

Back