• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advantage 40 (UD post 11, all applied, vibes would be appreciated please)

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I'm going to treat all my buns for fleas, having had a very minor flea encounter.

I lost a bunny to a bad reaction to Xenex and told my vet I won't touch it with a bargepole (having also known that other buns reacted badly too), so he has gone away, clarified and come back with Advantage 40.

Can anyone tell me anything about their experiences with it? Any bad reactions? Good reactions? Any side effects?

Anything at all?

With 17 buns to treat I'm VERY scared of using something that could kill my buns, or harm them, especially given the Xenex history. Any reassurance or info would be good.

Thanks in advance to anyone who replies.

Last edited:
I regularly use advantage on the buns that are not well enough to vaccinate as we also have 6 cats, never had a problem :wave:

That's awesome. Thank you Liz :) If the unwell buns can do ok with it, then that's a really good sign because as I type, most of mine are healthy.

I have used it on mine before when I have spotted flea's on them, no problems at all and mine were all healthy when I used it x

That's awesome. Thank you Liz :) If the unwell buns can do ok with it, then that's a really good sign because as I type, most of mine are healthy.

Eddie and Moses use it most regularly and they have been fine despite all their problems :D

Ok, I'm doing this tomorrow. Doing it all on one day for 17 buns is super scary. I hope it doesn't go wrong.

Anyone got any last minute advice?

Also, how long should I separate the pairs and trios for? So they can't groom it off.

I'm awake at stupid o'clock. Why? Because I'm panciking that in 24 hours or so I will have killed all my buns with this Advantage stuff. I've had horrible dreams about that, and about the poor little bunny who is out scared and alone near the RSPCA.

I just hate thinking about both of those, yet they won't go away (hence why I came on here).

I'm just so so scared of losing all my buns because of Advantage. I lost the last bun I used flea treatment on, it could happen again.

I'm sure the advantage will be ok as other's have had no problems with it :wave: But I can imagine it's worrying after what happened with the Xenex. Lots of calming vibes for you and 'no reaction to advantage' vibes for all the bunnies. xx

Well, currently I have 17 single bunnies who have all had Advantage applied. so far so good, no obvious reactions yet. Some are annoyed by it but most are just eating, some are looking for their friends though.

Please send vibes all stays well.

Back