• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Random bunny biting?

Bluesmum

Wise Old Thumper
The past few days Blue has started biting....he bit me yesterday and J today :( :?
I had just cleaned out his bed and given him a fuss when I saw an earwig running accross the floor so I put a peice of newspaper over it and squished it (I REALLY hate them :oops:) and he just shot over from the other side of the room and bit my hand. I shouted at him and shut him away for 10 minutes and after that he was fine.
Today J was fussing him on the sofa and went to change the channel when Blue bit him and drew blood then he wee'd on the sofa.
Now, Blue's never been a bitey bun only misguided food and nibbles while grooming.....and neither of us have a clue what's upsetting him.
Anyone got any ideas? I don't want him to be unhappy or cross with me :cry:

Has anything changed in his world? Like do you smell different? Any additions to the household?

Is he behaving any different other than that?

My first concern would be something medical going on, and that may well be worth ruling out first before working on if it has behavioural origins.

Has anything changed in his world? Like do you smell different? Any additions to the household?

Is he behaving any different other than that?

My first concern would be something medical going on, and that may well be worth ruling out first before working on if it has behavioural origins.

The only thing that has changed in the past few months is Bea coming to stay with us (foster bun) but she lives upstairs and has been here nearly 2 months.
I'll have a chat with the vet and get his eyes checked though, as this was one of the first things that came to mind.
What other symptoms would there be if it was an eye problem? His left eye is a bit leaky but last time he went for a check up the vet said it wasn't a problem.
Thanks for your suggestions :wave:

Back